Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Wednesday I had my divorced dual Flowmaster 40s installed w/chrome tips. It sounds amazing but now Im debating something more fun...

...flame thrower kit.

Yay or nay?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I say it depends on how old you are... if your a kid in highschool looking to impress some people, you will probably do it even though people here say not to, so do it, but know its illegal... if your not in highschool whats the point? I had a friend in highschool who did it just to impress people but personally i think its dumb, but do whatever you want

·
Registered
811 Posts
ok. i must say at one time i wanted to do this. but it is impossible to get a real good flame from our cars(or any newer cars) because of emissions. now if you get one of those propane kits. then i say heck yes. but the kits you get for like 100 dollars are stupid and don't really give off a good flame. plus the only way you get a flame is from revving it up and pressing a button that stalls the motor and shoots out fuel so you can get the flame to appear out the back.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Lets put it this way... throw out the fact that its pointless and illegal and what not...

Like Josh said, it is VERY hard to get a good flame from newer cars due to emmison laws and the fact that our exhaust are very clean compared to older cars. Now, that means you need to do one of two things:

1. Make your car put out much more emmisions (bad idea)
  2. Spend hundreds of dollars on a advanced kit

Do you want to spend hundreds of dollars just to put (small) flames on your car, or spend hundreds of dollars making your car kill the ozone layer faster just for some fun?

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fine.. no flames. ...party poopers.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
go get it, everyone will think its cool
you'll be the coolest guy. if it even shoots a flame. but yeah you should be pretty damn cool with a flamer kit...i mean flame thrower kit

1 - 20 of 21 Posts