Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about doing it and I know it is easily removable, but at the same time some of my chrome is peeling and I would hate to plastidip them thinking I could peel it off without harming it and then have it take chrome off with it. What should I do? Do you guys think black or chrome looks better on my car? I like a black and blue theme. I have a gloss headlight covers,black hood decal, gloss black rocker stripes, and gloss black mustang lettering. I like a subtle aggressive look. Thinking about plastidipping them and then sanding with 1000 grit, painting gloss black, and then clearcoating it. Also, I live on a dirt road. I heard plastidip attracts dirt; does it come off, or does it get stuck in the paint?
Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Y'all are contradicting eachother left and right. Lol if I did it would it come right off as people say?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
yes it comes right off, after it starts peeling its coming off. Go on ebay, they make all colors, including gloss black. If you want to plastidip and dont really like the look then mask everything off and duplicolor or whatever you want right over it, the beauty of plastidip is its cheap and can be taken right off.

People can hate on plastidip all the want, not everyone can afford new rims in a different color or a honeycomb decklid etc. Its a cheap way for people to play around with their cars

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Keep the chrome or pick up a set of silver Cobra Rs and paint them gloss black. Matte black wheels always look cheap to me (reminds me of the kids in Hondas who take their hub caps off so they have black wheels).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts