Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as you guys know, I was previously planning on ordering a shortblock due to the fact that my car is my DD and the amount down time is critical for me. Sooo, I thought about it and decided to change things up. I am buying another motorcycle, sold my recent one 8 months ago. Planning on making the purchase in Jan, and this will allow me to have more down time on the car. With that, I plan on ordering a 298ci rotating assembly and having a machine shop do the work. So that is the update on the build...still doing:

-298ci motor
-Livernois stage II heads (already ordered)
-GT500 oil pump and billet gears
-Saleen 14" Brakes (ordering next week)
-Spydershaft (ordering next week)
-Bronze guides
-Saleen Extreme dual gauge pod (ordered)
-60# injectors (ordered)
-7" custom touchscreen with front and rear cameras and custom goodies (ordered)

Now here is my question for the thread. Since I will obviously be upping the boost with the forged internals...should I swap to the SPR stage II blower grind cams? Will they make more power than my current n/a cams when I am pushing 12psi or so? I don't plan on ever pushing past 15psi with this car. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Honestly if you have the money i dont think that it could hurt...........but i also dont think that the n/a grind would really be holding you back all that much

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Dude, why wouldn't you go all the way if you're doing this much, ya know? Get the SPR's - without question.

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
Agreed. Your so far into it now, you mine as well do it right the first time. I'd either go with the SPR XFI Stage II blower cams or talk to your builder/tuner and see if some custom cams may be in order. Custom Cams from comp are usually only like $100 more than the 'regular' grinds.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Isn't our addiction crazy? When 488rwhp isn't enough... we've all got problems :)

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already have the stage II spr n/a cams and they seem to work well with my boost so far...I dont have a lot of excess money so I dont know if it will be worth the swap...Im sure I wouldnt have a problem getting rid of some 127500's though :D

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
-298ci motor
-Livernois stage II heads (already ordered)
-GT500 oil pump and billet gears
-Saleen 14" Brakes (ordering next week)
-Spydershaft (ordering next week)
-Bronze guides
-Saleen Extreme dual gauge pod (ordered)
-60# injectors (ordered)
-7" custom touchscreen with front and rear cameras and custom goodies (ordered)
I dont have a lot of excess money
:stfu:fu:blowme

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
I already have the stage II spr n/a cams and they seem to work well with my boost so far...I dont have a lot of excess money so I dont know if it will be worth the swap...Im sure I wouldnt have a problem getting rid of some 127500's though :D

Your probably right about that. Seriously though, what happends when you want just that much more power and this one thing could have gotten you there but you skimped on it? Your going to be kicking yourself, $100 or $200 extra isn't worth it when you've already spent so much? I sure as heck think it is.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I say keep the spr's and use that money towards the dyno tune.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im staying spr's regardless, just dont know which grind :D

towelly, i agree man...maybe if i find a buyer for my n/a stage II's, ill order the blower grind

dillan, ive been saving that money for FOREVER...excess means extra, I dont have extra money

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
You'd be able to sell your current cams easily. Just tell them they were from the Barricade and they'll gladly fork over the dough!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts