Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering whether or not I should upgrade my oil pump and fuel pump while I'm in the motor. I'm about to have my heads and cams replaced, I've got most any bolt on made for a 2v including an professional products intake. With the ported heads and custom cam, I just figured while it was in the shop if it would benefit from a better flowing oil or fuel pump maybe I should do it. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
72 Posts
definitely update to a billet oil pump from mmr. that will help give you some piece of mind so you can spin the guts out of it. it never hurts to invest in something that could save your motor.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
no do not need to worry about oil pump..fuel pump will be fine also...and when it comes to billet pumps the last thing you wanna think about is a sorry ass mmr oil pump...

you may need to go with 24lb injectors for a lil room..depends on car and tuner though..good luck...sell that typhoon intake and put the stocker back on and put some money back in your pocket:)

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
I second slow02. Stock fuel pump will more than likely suffice. Replace the oil pump if you get a new shortblock, but otherwise, it's also not really necessary. Also, go with Melling or some other brand. MMR makes great shortblocks, but their oil pumps... Also, the typhoon intake has been shown to actually decrease performance over the stock manifold in some tests. Ask R3dn3ck over on Mustangboards.com, he's done a lot of intake testing.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
It is not easy to swap the oil pump with out pulling the motor or dropping the k member. The pick up tube is bolted from the bottom

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the 2v will never need more than the stock gt oil pump. i only go to the 4v oil pump just because they are cheaper, but only do that when i am building an engine. as for fuel pump, stocker will suffice for n/a. i installed a mmr oil pump on one engine, its still good after 3 years. that is that pump, lot of mixed reviews on that pump.

·
Registered
998 Posts
^ agree with everyone else on the oil pump.

now as far as the fuel pump, it actually wouldn't be a bad idea to get a GT Supercar Pump just for when your ready to go with a forced induction setup. You might think that your not going to go that route but trust me when I say, "you will always want more power"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts