Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just found on craigslist, a 95 cobra intake and it comes with the throttle body, right injectors, and fuel rails..my question is should i get this now instead of buying a trickflow hci in a couple of years?
how much more hp will i get with this intake, etc..
i also plan on getting heads and cam later, just needa find the right deals

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
and a price would be...?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry about that, its $250 for all of it, and no shipping cuz he lives like 50 miles from me

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
does it come with lower intake? and u may need the maf depending on the injectors

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
what size injectors and throttle body ?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
they look like stock 19lb injectors. Tell the guy to keep the the trottle body and injectors and see if he will take under 200.

the injectors and tb are most likely the same ones you already have on your car, so i wouldnt pay extra for parts you cant use.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just sent him a message asking him about the injectors and throttle body..what size throttle body did the cobras come with?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
i dont know for your year. but the 93 cobra had 65mm tb and 24lb injectors,

it maybe the same for the 94-95 to. you can google it

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im pretty sure my 95 gt has a 60mm tb stock, but i could be wrong..so if they are 24lb injectors and 65mm tb, should i buy them?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yep just checked, the 95 cobra has 24lb injectors while 95 gt have 19lb...and the throttle body on the cobra is a 60mm just like the gt

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
sure...but you wil need a new mass air flow sencor to run 24lb injectors.

but hey i can tell from the pic that there 19 lb .

19lb injectors have orange tops
24lb have blue tops
30lb have red tops
42lb have green tops

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this other forum site says they are 24s but the maf is calibrated for 19s

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this other guy says that yellow tops are 19lbs

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmmm now this other person is saying 24lb injectors and 65mm tb..hopefully the owner answers my message in the morning so i will hopefully know by tomorrow

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Orange is 19lb and blue is 24lb like ryan said. You also will need a new MAF or a tuner to run those injectors, and if you only have the mods in your sig, it's a poor idea to run them anyway. You won't notice any huge gains going with that intake and keeping stock heads. And with that combo, you aren't making enough power to warrant putting the 24lb injectors in.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i just read on wiki also that they are 24lb injectors so idk what to believe lol...and i am getting new heads also, hopefully soon like in the summer after i save up enough..i wanna get new but they are way to expensive, so hopefully a deal for heads comes soon..and after the heads comes the cam..which heads and cam do you think i should get if i were to get this cobra intake?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
bro.....cobras come with 24lb injectors, but this guy has 19lb on the intake, i doubt this guy pulled this intake off of his cobra, he bought the intake bare and then put his stock 19lb injectors and throttle body on.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ahhh i gotcha now dude, **** so is this even worth buying?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
i dont know... i agree with fogged306, your not going to see that much power from just adding a cobra intake, the cobra intake is better then your stock one . now if you got some cylinder heads too, then it would work real well. check out corral.net classifies and pick up a used set of trick flow cylinder heads for around $800

1 - 20 of 28 Posts