Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the local ford dealership has a 09 5speed GT with a glass roof for sale. they want 24925 for it, didnt see the mileage...my question should i get it? i currently own a 96 GT auto and ive been planing a 5L stroker N/A build with the TFS heads. I like to do road course stuff so...should i get the new one or should i just keep going with my plan? i should also note i dont know how do drive a manual:sorry

·
Registered
217 Posts
if its new and not used I think thats a pretty good price... If its used i guess it depends on mileage but since its an 09 it can't have that much mileage but I still wouldn't know a fare price. Also depends on if you like the glass roof. Myself, I don't like it.
but if you like it get it

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i didnt like it at first but after sitting in one i like it. ill check the mileage on it tomorrow since we are going in to test drive a new escape. its in the used side of the lot. there was a dialbo (sp) predator tuner box in the back seat so id say its been played with

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
A 2011 will probably be around 35k with the Coyote motor. If their asking price is 25k on the 09, you can probably get it for 22-23k. The S197's are very nice cars. You will LOVE it compared to your SN95, trust me I have both. You should sleep on it a couple days and decide if you want to make that move. I say do it!!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Yeah but that gives him time to save. And if he can't find a 2011 in his price range, the 2010s will likely be stealable because of the new engines in the 2011

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
well first thats what i picked up... it rain for the first time today so it was really cool with the glass top.. i say you should do it.. i bought my car not knowing how to drive manual and it was fun learning and pretty cool.. although it is tricky with the hydraulic clutch but really soft... i tried a fox body clutch and by that one push my leg turned hulk.. i fish tailed like crazy with these crappy ass tires today but its alot of fun. 5spd FTW DO EET!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I bought my 09 not knowing how to drive a stick but i learned real quick.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Damnit, my original response didn't go through.

Yes do it. Negotiate hard though.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I can hardly drive an automatic. Have to use driver mod for the racecar....called Lance.

·
MM's Resident Ginger
2,991 Posts
I wish i had an '11 when it comes out...haha maybe i'll take the engine from one and put it in sheila...they need to do appearance changes. lols

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Think for a minute, you want to do the 5L stroker kit on the 4.6, right? How about if you could get that 5L engine with a 36k mile factory warranty on the car brand new for around $35k?

Let's say you spend $24k on the used (or probably brand new, I bought my 2008 brand new for $27k), how much, realistically, is getting that motor up to 5L going to cost all said and done?

The 2011 Mustang will have a 5.0L engine that puts out somewhere between 375-400hp in stock trim from the factory. With 6 speed transmissions. I say wait it out a year, your total cost between the two is going to be about the same, either way, but the headroom on the coyote will beat the 4.6L stroked to 5 once the aftermarket mods start rolling in.

If you weren't going to do the stroker kit on the 4.6, then it would be a different story, there's quite a price difference between that discounted 2009 and a 2011 when it comes out. But if building out the 4.6... the cost of mods, installed should weigh in your decision, man.

·
MM's Resident Ginger
2,991 Posts
but if it looks like the '10..its fugly...i love them til i get to the rear

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
but if it looks like the '10..its fugly...i love them til i get to the rear
And if that rear moves with 400hp stock... I guess we'll be looking at a lot of pony ass. There's talk about a minor cosmetic fix, but it doesn't look that bad, imho. I don't appreciate the lower diffuser at all, but the taillights look sexy as hell at night and those hips... :eek:

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
if i get this car. it will be stock (as in the condition i bought it in) till its paid off and buy time that happens there will prolly be plenty of ppl swaping in that new 5.0 motor so thats probably whats going to happen on that front. either that or a turbo. but none the less if i get this car its going to be unchanged for a long time

what should i say to argue the price down? when i bout my 96 i didnt know jack about sn95 stangs and kinda got riped for it. in this case i dont know much about s197 stangs but i refuse to get riped this time

i shoulda made this a poll...

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
if i get this car. it will be stock (as in the condition i bought it in) till its paid off and buy time that happens there will prolly be plenty of ppl swaping in that new 5.0 motor so thats probably whats going to happen on that front. either that or a turbo. but none the less if i get this car its going to be unchanged for a long time

what should i say to argue the price down? when i bout my 96 i didnt know jack about sn95 stangs and kinda got riped for it. in this case i dont know much about s197 stangs but i refuse to get riped this time

i shoulda made this a poll...
Screw polls, you want facts, not a popularity contest. You want to be able to make your decision, not us, becuase at the end of the day, you have to pay for the darn thing... not us. :yes

As for getting the price down, tell them you know what's coming out in 2011. ;) A factory direct 400hp 5.0L motor with 6 speed transmissions. Maybe you'll take the 300hp 4.6L with a 5 speed, but it'll have to make financial sense. :D

Which is really your decision anyway, right? Sounds like under those parameters, you've already made up your mind. Just keep in mind that if you could swing an extra $10k next year, you'd have a much better base for throwing a turbo on. But if you can't get in at $35k anyway, then you're stuck with the 2009, right?

There's a lot of people who built up their 4.6 engines and tossed a blower or SC on there and then find they spent more than if they had just bought a GT500 at sticker. Similar thing, but if you can't swing $35k, you can't swing it. I definitely know how that goes... I couldn't swing it either. :D But I won't be building up my motor, I'm going to enjoy what I have and then get a coyote or that thing that he's always chasing that goes "beep! beep!" ;)

·
Registered
978 Posts
i say get it! glass roofs are the ****!!

·
MM's Resident Ginger
2,991 Posts
i'd never have a glass roof out here...its too damned hot!

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Screw polls, you want facts, not a popularity contest. You want to be able to make your decision, not us, becuase at the end of the day, you have to pay for the darn thing... not us. :yes

As for getting the price down, tell them you know what's coming out in 2011. ;) A factory direct 400hp 5.0L motor with 6 speed transmissions. Maybe you'll take the 300hp 4.6L with a 5 speed, but it'll have to make financial sense. :D

Which is really your decision anyway, right? Sounds like under those parameters, you've already made up your mind. Just keep in mind that if you could swing an extra $10k next year, you'd have a much better base for throwing a turbo on. But if you can't get in at $35k anyway, then you're stuck with the 2009, right?

There's a lot of people who built up their 4.6 engines and tossed a blower or SC on there and then find they spent more than if they had just bought a GT500 at sticker. Similar thing, but if you can't swing $35k, you can't swing it. I definitely know how that goes... I couldn't swing it either. :D But I won't be building up my motor, I'm going to enjoy what I have and then get a coyote or that thing that he's always chasing that goes "beep! beep!" ;)
the 2010 they have (blue 5speed convert) is listed online at $39,355 (they have a white on blue 09 shelby for $48,190) and theres no way im gonna swing that and im sure a 2011 is gonna be along the same lines.

another thing that comes up when someone is looks at a new car is what id use the car for. i love hill climbs and curves so thats what the car will be doing allong with dd

i'd never have a glass roof out here...its too damned hot!
the glass is tinted in this one. all the glass is blacked out. its pretty much a GT version of mickeys saleen...actually idr if it has black wheels or not

1 - 20 of 28 Posts