Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking bout running a some sort of racing fuel to see if I can gain a tenth or so was wondering if anyone else runs it with out a tune I have no cats so that won't be an issue I am running just 89 right now

·
Registered
601 Posts
Higher Octane = Harder to Burn Fuel. A stock engine with no tune would probably get SLOWER with 100 octane.

Higher octane allows more compression, forced induction and timing which all require a more resistant-to-burn fuel. If you don't have any of those ... no need ... no gain.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys good info. I have some mods but never had a tune unless it was tuned by previous owner but who knows bought it from a dealer 3yrs ago there is no chip in it I know that for sure

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
You should go ahead and grab tuner from AM. See what software your local tuner uses, then go ahead and grab a handheld.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You should go ahead and grab tuner from AM. See what software your local tuner uses, then go ahead and grab a handheld.
Ya I have been wanting one my dads got one on his 05 seems to really like it his is an auto so I know his will have greater gains over my 5 sp but it still would be nice to have my speedo is off by 15 - 20 cause of the gear swap and ck engine lt is on cause of the off rd pipe I know those would be fixed with the tune

1 - 6 of 6 Posts