Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have modified you stock brakes, calipers, rotors, etc, please post pics and give a small review if you wouldn't mind. I really want the Saleen brakes but it's a lot of dough. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ I might save up for those...I figure IF I am going to drop big money on brakes, I will go all out

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Get the Saleen's, Mickey...

Probably the best bang for your buck on upgraded brakes, and they fit your car...the black with yellow Saleen logo is what your car needs.

Review: They are freaking awesome. HUGE difference from the stockers. Less effort, tons more stopping power, less fade, etc. My only beef is LOTS of brake dust, but that is a pad variable not a brake variable.

My current Pads are Axxis ULT (Ultimate) that came with them...I'll try Hawk HPS next.

Around $900 on Ebay:

05-07 Mustang Saleen Big Brake Kit Brembo Stoptech:eBay Motors (item 370264716533 end time Oct-23-09 16:39:16 PDT)

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I might go with the 6-piston Saleens if im gonna be spending big money...what are those kits going for? like 2-2.5k?

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
If your gonna go big. Go AP racing or Brembo Gran Turismo's with 335mm rotors. The AP racing 6 pistons and the Brembo Gran Turismo's are above and beyond any other brake kit out there. I had them on my WRX (Not the factory STI Brembos) .

Brembo 05-08 Mustang GT 6-Piston 2-Piece Front Big Brake Kit (355 x 32) [1M1.8016A/1M2.8016A] - $3,547.20 : Performance Parts - Ford Mustang - Cobra - Dodge Viper - Chevy Corvette - C6 - LS1

AP Racing 05-08 Mustang GT/GT500 Front 14.25 Big Brake Kit (6 Piston, Slotted Rotors) [AP4100S] - $3,316.17 : Performance Parts - Ford Mustang - Cobra - Dodge Viper - Chevy Corvette - C6 - LS1

Plus with the AP Racing you can get matching 4 piston rears for the ultimate, in my opinion, brake setup. But that is like $6800 worth of brakes with AP Racing front and back... :p

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Thats retarded 2100 for brakes. Unless you are braking at 180 for 3 hours straight, wow thats some coin to drop.

Ill take my little braided lines and hawk pads and some ducts and spend the other 1700 on women or something. Or better yet track time, racing time etc.

I mean if you got it and want it. we all do things just to do them sometimes on our car. nothing wrong with it and you are pretty much out of mods I guess but thats some serious brakes.

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
Thats retarded 2100 for brakes. Unless you are braking at 180 for 3 hours straight, wow thats some coin to drop.

Ill take my little braided lines and hawk pads and some ducts and spend the other 1700 on women or something. Or better yet track time, racing time etc.

I mean if you got it and want it. we all do things just to do them sometimes on our car. nothing wrong with it and you are pretty much out of mods I guess but thats some serious brakes.
Its true. If your not worried about the best of the best Mickey, just get the GT500 setup. Best bang for buck period. Get some decent two piece rotors with them and you will have more than enough braking power for the street and the looks of the nice big caliper. I've seen the GT500 calipers with the stock one piece GT500 rotors for as low as $700 some places. You just have to look.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
umm herrrrroooo GT500 brakes are cheap and awesome. I think in 2011 they should make them stock for the GTs. You can paint them red or keep them black ;) They dust pretty bad with the stock pads but no vibrations anymore and alot more braking confidence. Fair trade off.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
5.0, 4 piston brembos, 6 speed, gt, for under 30k. Yea im down with that. write em a letter.
I don't even think i need to. Looks like ford finally got the hint. dont count on the under 30k though.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts

·
Registered
2,051 Posts

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
I don't even think i need to. Looks like ford finally got the hint. dont count on the under 30k though.
Yea not only will it not be under 30k but it aint going to be cheap to mod. Pretty bad when a blower becomes the economical mod on the list. I think spring required cams on that car will probably be 2k in parts alone. Ouch that bitch better respond to bolt ons.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Good point. It does say kit though that may be kit of one brake assembly? Pretty misleading. They do sell for $2k elsewhere so its possible thats for just one side.
Yea that's what i figured. If its too good to be true, it usually is.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts