Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
ive been thinking of putting a roll bar in my car once the motor work is done. any problems with a simply roll bar in a street car for never wearing any gear like helmet and such and normal seat belts

·
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive been thinking of putting a roll bar in my car once the motor work is done. any problems with a simply roll bar in a street car for never wearing any gear like helmet and such and normal seat belts
Make sure you have roll bar padding everywhere! And set your main hoop as high as you can away from your head, and as far back as is safe.

Mine will be here next week, 8 point 1-5/8" Chris Alston's Chassis Works cage.

Gonna have bent rear struts to clear the rear seats so its safe to sit back there, welded seat back bar, A-Pillar bars and Halo, and welded door bars.

Should stiffen my ride up quite a bit and God forbid I get in a wreck, things should be better for me lol.

These guys are the ones that did the mustang Police Packages for CHP.

Just wanna see how many people on here roll around with full cages and how they look.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
i would just be buying the maximum motorsports one, and maybe just not installing the door bars

will definatly need to research it, just decided to ask since you made a thread

·
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hace 228 foot of chromoly in my car....

Has a complete floor structure too.
Pardon my French, but for a car with an OEM dash, that's ****ing BAD!

Me likes!

i would just be buying the maximum motorsports one, and maybe just not installing the door bars

will definatly need to research it, just decided to ask since you made a thread
I love MM stuff, I mean I LOVE their products, but there is NO WAY I'd spend $460 some odd dollars on a mild steel roll bar.

I got my whole 8 point cage(not roll bar) for $320. Only difference is I have to weld mine, but its good for 8.50 in the quarter.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
I love MM stuff, I mean I LOVE their products, but there is NO WAY I'd spend $460 some odd dollars on a mild steel roll bar.

I got my whole 8 point cage(not roll bar) for $320. Only difference is I have to weld mine, but its good for 8.50 in the quarter.

yeah i love their stuff too. been happy with everything i have bought from them

i will probably go with MM for simplicity of shipping over the border since i can most likely get it for dealer cost from my buddy when he places a large order for mustang parts

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Matt, you plan on rolling off pikes peak with that???? Or maybe dinosaurs coming back and worked about bring stepped on?

;)

·