Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i finally got my louvers and went to get them installed last night. Estimate was $140 to do it. Get back 2 hours later and the guy is just finishing. They are all taped up so i can see much but he says it was a pain to do. Ends up charging me $213 since he had to cut the plastic and take apart backseat. Not happy but whatever. So today i take the tape off, and i can see black glue all in the grooves. He said he has to put another bead down in 2 days so im hoping that will fix that problem. As i look closer i see there is a razor blade scratch on the 1 louver, looks horrible!! shaped like a v some how. Plus the Louvers are not evenly set on both sides completely flush. What do I do. The ford dealerships havent done them, and the guy i used, i was referred to by someone at the dealership. But im in it for 550 now. and the 1 is scratched.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
this is why i install my own stuff unless its something that i cannot do like gears

·
Registered
597 Posts
sorry to hear they recommended a butcher to do the job. The guy quoted you a price and you agreed to it, the job turned out harder then he expected and raised his price. IMO its his problem and not yours and he shouldn't have charged you any extra, just because he underestimated the job.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah someone would have gotten stabbed...lol jk but, I would go up there and freak out on the guy till he gave me some sort of compensation. Tell him your going to tell everyone you know he's a hack people respond to that kind of thing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Exactly why I installed my own. They are a real pain in the ass to install no doubt. But when done right they look fantastic. IMO It is really easy to get them pushed in to far when installing them. I have seen some photos of bad installed where they are way to deep and they look like crap.

When the guy is talking about adding another bead that is total BS. If done right that would not be necessary. I would find a shop that specializes in glass if you done want to do it yourself and have them remove then reinstall them correctly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exactly why I installed my own. They are a real pain in the ass to install no doubt. But when done right they look fantastic. IMO It is really easy to get them pushed in to far when installing them. I have seen some photos of bad installed where they are way to deep and they look like crap.

When the guy is talking about adding another bead that is total BS. If done right that would not be necessary. I would find a shop that specializes in glass if you done want to do it yourself and have them remove then reinstall them correctly.
Thats what im planning on doing. Not only am i paying for them to be put on again there is a scratch/crack in the plastic where he was forcing it to fit.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
louvers don't belong on new body mustangs anyway...

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Edens:

1. No flaming other members. Take it to the BB if you've got a problem.
2. I don't recommend getting into it with Kyle.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Edens:

1. No flaming other members. Take it to the BB if you've got a problem.
2. I don't recommend getting into it with Kyle.

Did I miss something 0_0?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
louvers don't belong on new body mustangs anyway...
Do they not belong on this?

For some reason our cars strangly resemble the styling of these.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Do they not belong on this?

For some reason our cars strangly resemble the styling of these.

Yes they look fine on that... not on the new cars its just looks stupid (IMO)

Money you could have spent on going fast.... Or saved up on wheels... Thats one thing I can't stand cars with body mods that are still 4x4 and on stock wheels

Of course this is just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Touche. I do think a lot of S197 guys want their car to look as good as that 68 does and louvers certainly help with that. But that's just my opinion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts