Modded Mustang Forums banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Thanks!

Maybe, what was the color of the car? im sure they tint any color you want. Maybe changes the way their main coat looked? Hell idk im just guess at this point lol

And yeah it's cleaning it up nice, going to have a lot of small areas to hit later. Now I'm just going to get all major areas then work around it getting edges and what not. I'm thinking the jams won't get stripped because he didn't spray them really. I'll sand them and clean them up real good.

Car was red from the factory,
And maybe I'm not 100% lol just guessing at this point lol
I just found it funny how both cars had purple underneath the main coat.

And it's good it's cleaning up nice.

Now as far as the paint job goes from the previous owner, how's the metal? She looks pretty clean with no dimples on anything.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Car was red from the factory,
And maybe I'm not 100% lol just guessing at this point lol
I just found it funny how both cars had purple underneath the main coat.

And it's good it's cleaning up nice.

Now as far as the paint job goes from the previous owner, how's the metal? She looks pretty clean with no dimples on anything.

Yeah metal is real nice, when they painted it purple they hit a few spots the size of a quarter with some glaze. No big surprises yet, and hope none show up lol

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Removed locks, moldings and the rear bumper. Oh and some paint! lol. Lots of paint...

Oh and I found filler. Great! Going to replace the back panel, probably door not sure tho. The back quarter had some rust so that's the main reason it's getting swapped.

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
whoever painted that needs to be punched.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Looking good man,
What was the bondo for?

Looks like stripping the paint went pretty smooth.

About that stripping, I wouldn't say smooth. I have a decent amount of hours into it already. I'd say over 12 already. Some spots just won't budge. Idk if it's all the clear or what. Lucky for me I can scrape it off with elbow grease tho.

I had to take a couple day break because I was getting fed up with it actually lol. Probably hit it again tonight.

And thanks! Idk guess the door had damage. The rear quarter has rust and/or damage. I'm replacing that tho bathe door might get replaced. If not the god thing was I couldn't tell it was done so that part was done correctly. The guy who painted it purple did good work.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
About that stripping, I wouldn't say smooth. I have a decent amount of hours into it already. I'd say over 12 already. Some spots just won't budge. Idk if it's all the clear or what. Lucky for me I can scrape it off with elbow grease tho.

I had to take a couple day break because I was getting fed up with it actually lol. Probably hit it again tonight.

And thanks! Idk guess the door had damage. The rear quarter has rust and/or damage. I'm replacing that tho bathe door might get replaced. If not the god thing was I couldn't tell it was done so that part was done correctly. The guy who painted it purple did good work.

Yeah it's very tiring work that's for sure, I remember one time my dad he brought home a 87 grandnational and we wet sand that thing top to bottom because he wanted to shine lol after he re cleared it of course but that took a good 8 hours.

Some bondo is okay it's the quick fixes for rust that's not lol, but it is looking very good, definitely keep it up.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Yeah it's very tiring work that's for sure, I remember one time my dad he brought home a 87 grandnational and we wet sand that thing top to bottom because he wanted to shine lol after he re cleared it of course but that took a good 8 hours.

Some bondo is okay it's the quick fixes for rust that's not lol, but it is looking very good, definitely keep it up.

Thanks! Yeah I may kee the door. I just hope I can smooth it out as nice. Plus I'll look from the inside to see how bad it really was.

Can you see my pics on here? It's saying I linked them wrong wtf?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Thanks! Yeah I may kee the door. I just hope I can smooth it out as nice. Plus I'll look from the inside to see how bad it really was.

Can you see my pics on here? It's saying I linked them wrong wtf?

How are the bottoms of your doors? I know **** likes to sit in the seams

And yes your pictures work fine for me.

Odd they say linked wrong

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Have you gotten anything done lately?
Bottom of the doors are good, I looked inside the door with the filler and don't see or feel damage so it must have just been to make it perfect? Maybe fender/door didn't line up good enough for them idk

And I haven't. I've been busy getting healthy, lots of gym time. And I did so much so quick I got tired of it so I took a break. I'm going to have my cousin come over and try to knock out as much as possible one night.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Have you gotten anything done lately?
Put it up for sale lol

Good thing is I never stopped with the gym. Lost about 90lbs!

I'm just not interested in working on it. Much rather be outside doing something else. If I had a shop or larger garage it wouldn't be an issue but with the Mustang and all tools it was hard to fit the challenger in it this past winter lol

Oh well, if the guy that hit me up don't want it I may give it another go and see what happens till either I'm in love again or it sells. Once it gets all stripped to bare metal I won't be getting rid of it.

121 - 136 of 136 Posts