Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i got another mustang 2009. and first thing i want to do is side exhaust but what i see a lot of with ppl that have it the the finders crack cause there so low to the ground.. any ppl that have the side exhaust care to share your opinion

·
Registered
923 Posts
Honestly I wouldn't do it because
A- it's a Roush thing
B- it's difficult to make it work right w/ out having it break.
You can do some cool stuff out back, like maybe having the tips come through cut holes in a custom bumper..
But if you really want it on the side I would bring it out just BEHIND the rear tire, cut into the rear bumper a little bit. That will give it a little bit more ground clearance and be different from most side exhaust setups.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Find Emay... he has sides, and his car makes people jizz in their pants.

·
Registered
923 Posts
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of the exhaust exiting right behind the rear tires.

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of the exhaust exiting right behind the rear tires.
*sitting in front of the rear tires* keep the rubber hot at all times ;)

the side exhaust is very possible... but you must have a good fabricator for it.. then you gotta get new rocker panels unless you want to leave it open. it's gonna start getting expensive but if you want to just find a shop thats willing to do it and ask around if there reputable..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*sitting in front of the rear tires* keep the rubber hot at all times ;)

the side exhaust is very possible... but you must have a good fabricator for it.. then you gotta get new rocker panels unless you want to leave it open. it's gonna start getting expensive but if you want to just find a shop thats willing to do it and ask around if there reputable..
i have the money.. ive just seen people with the side exhaust and it looks good. but most people that have them, there r cracks in them and i was just wondering if they crack easy

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
I had side exits on my first setup before my car was lowered and I had problems with speed bumps scrapping my pipes. I never had the new side skirts to fit them though. I thought they were kind of tacky.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its all in the fabbing skills and how you drive.. if you are lowered and you have a hard time 3 wheeling you will get damage underbody...
yea thats what i was worried about im all the way slammed down and i already have a hard time going over bumps i have to go like 1.2 mph over a speed bump without hitting bottom:sorry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts