Modded Mustang Forums banner

side exhaust

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  hollagraphik 
#1 ·
i found some pics of cars with the roush side exhaust kit and i want to put that setup on my car, so i was wondering what are the pros and cons of it. ive read that you lose a little hp but im really not concerned with that its more of a visual thing for me cuz i really like the way it looks and there arent any cars around me with it so id be unique lol. i know you need the exhaust kit, side skirts and rear valances so if anyone has them or knows a good place to get em id appriciate any info. the cheapest place ive found is stage3motorsports.com for the exhaust kit and ebay for the body pieces.

this pic makes me want it bad, thats exactly what mine would look like.

#4 ·
cant run subframe connectors with side exhaust...

#5 ·
I am selling my rear valences for $200 new, never used (cheaper than stage 3 where I got them). Love the side exhaust, just wanted to go a diferent rout in the rear. Includes all hardware and instructionos

#6 ·
it looks good if you have the right wheels and stance some cars play it off well and some don't. I myslef have them and i think it looks pretty good your just gotta go over bumps a lil slower and watch which bumps you go over

#11 ·
i dont think it will hurt u in hp at all ... i dont see how it could if u still slide a cat on each side u will have enuogh back pressure that it will not evvect anyhtign i could be wrong though. X2 on it looking bad ass i have thought about it quite a few time but im just not a body guy i rather dump the 1500 for the kit not including the piping and fab work and just put it in the rear end or motor.... the way u sound is at this tiem ur more on looks and this kitt will deff set ur car off seeing there are not many of these kits around (my area)

#12 ·
i always wanted the roush side exhaust i always though it was badass but just though it was too expensive at the time.... but look at me now im running full SLP which has costed me almost 2g's after taxes.... im sure it would be sick and unique not sure about the performance aspect..... i have heard on this forum on some thread that side exhausts actually make you loose power not sure if its true.... but if its a roush exhaust im sure it will help you, how much i dont know.

#15 ·
i really like the way it looks and even if there is a drop in performance i think its made up for in the looks of the exhaust, plus it cant be but all that much. the only bad thing is, like V8GTSTANG said, it costs roughly around $1300-$1400 just for the exhaust, skirts and valances not including a price to paint everything. maybe ill start getting it piece by piece but its decide to get an exhaust setup for 1400 versus putting it in the car for performance lol. i dunno i guess it will be just a thought for now but i like the idea of it haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.