Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of gt side scoops, and was wondering if you guys had any info or write-ups for installing these. Any info would be appreciated

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
do the v6 and the gt have the same side scoops? jc

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
ok thanks, does anyone have any pics comparing the v6 to the gt?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the help. As far as those push clips things go, is there any site besides ford that sells these?

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
You should be able to reuse the clips from your old scoops (if you don't break them). If not, your new scoops probably come with their own if you order them online. If you get your scoops off another Mustang, just be sure to grab the clips too.

I've actually got a side scoop (from a 2000 GT) sitting next to me right now that has all but 2 of the clips. Still needs to be painted before it can go on my baby. I honestly don't see much difference between the V6 side scoops and the V8 side scoops.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
ok. does anyone have any pics comparing them?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
some had the ones like the v6 has some had the popped out ones

·
Registered
281 Posts
You should be able to reuse the clips from your old scoops (if you don't break them). If not, your new scoops probably come with their own if you order them online. If you get your scoops off another Mustang, just be sure to grab the clips too.

I've actually got a side scoop (from a 2000 GT) sitting next to me right now that has all but 2 of the clips. Still needs to be painted before it can go on my baby. I honestly don't see much difference between the V6 side scoops and the V8 side scoops.
1999-2000 GT scoops were the same as V6's, 2001-2004 GT scoops are the ones that everyone wants

you bought the same scoops that you already had

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
1999-2000 GT scoops were the same as V6's, 2001-2004 GT scoops are the ones that everyone wants

you bought the same scoops that you already had
Oh gotcha. Actually I got the scoop for free from a guy I know. It's in much better condition than the one it will be replacing :p

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
ok, they do look a little different. i did not know that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts