Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what type of gas am i supposed to take? i was under the impression that the higher octane would run "cleaner"or more powerful or something like that so i tried 92. as u can tell i dont know anything about fuel so please educate me.

the problem is since experimenting with different fuels i now have the slightest of smoke coming out the exhaust. im assuming the different fuel usage is the problem. i swung by the mechanics and he said it def smells like oil, but sounds perfectly fine. i have 65k on the engine. he said to try some 15/40 "repair" or "renew" oils or something like that next oil change and it should take care of it. i forgot to mention to him the different gasses ive been using.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i might as well throw this out there too, ive been idling a bit low lately. regularly cold i get 1000 and 750-800 when warm. but lately its been like 900 cold 650-700 warm which sems pretty odd to me, could this be tied into the same situaiton

also what type of fuel should i be using? midgrade? cheap? super?

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
i run 93.. but than again I have a tune for it.

and the idle can easily be caused by clogged or dirty injectors.

other things you could do for basics are clean your tb/plenum maf... **** lie that.. you can run normal grade gas in your car.. it's not going to hurt it at all.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea im gonna pick up a bottle of injector fluid today and see how that does. i would like to clean the TB/plenum but am not sure how to go about it. it is simply taking of my CAI and cleaning the head part out, or should i unbolt the thing and get into it? im no mechanic but would love to screw around with it ^^

·
Registered
806 Posts
also check the IAC.

as for cleaning. take off your filter. make sure its clean. as for the tb and plenum, should probably take it off. its pretty easy. bolt on bolt off. clean off all residue inside.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sry for the endless questions lol, what do i check the IAC for? thats that rusted thing on the side of the TB right? lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts