Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a Silverhorse Billett fuel door, brushed black from a Mustang supplier who will remain anonymous until I get some questions answered. It just came today, but too late to call anyone about this. I opened the box which was in good shape. It was packed with crumpled paper, plenty of it. Inside was a box from Silverhorse. In this box was the fuel door, wrapped in a single layer of bubble wrap. There was no packing material other than a Silverhorse catalog and instructions to keep it from moving around. I was so excited to get it, but that ended when I opened it. The highest point which is the raised center of the door had fine scratches running against the grain. On the back, it looked like someone took a grinder to the 11-12 o'clock area and the 5-7 o'clock area. The ground area was painted or coated, but very rough, like a grinding Metabo wheel was used against it. There was also a long scratch along the center of the door lengthwise.

I want to first call Silverhorse and ask is this how they ship a $100 fuel door. If they say no, then I'll call the dealer and ask for a swap or outright return, because I may have got a used one. I work Very Hard to keep my black SVT Cobra as scratch free as possible. I don't want to put a new piece on pre scratched. To anyone with any experience with these, is this how they are ground to fit different model years? Will I be hard pressed to find a perfect one in black on the outside surface? I bought Silverhorse because my research lead me to believe they were the best. I will give them and the dealer a chance to correct this before I blame either place. Thanks for any feedback, Spiney-Dave

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Send it back it seems I'm always hearing problems about the finish as well

1 - 2 of 2 Posts