Modded Mustang Forums banner

Simple and Easy Nitrous!!

591 views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  bedojo 
#1 ·
This year has been great for the 2000 Mustang GT. The car has always had the go fast attitude, but its lacks alittle something? I got it Nitrous! I started looking at kits all over the web and decided on the 99-04 kit from Zex. this kit was so simple and easy. It's almost scary how the car is set up for the kit. I was alittle iffy so say the least about the nitrous factor. the scary you tube videos where the engine blows up is always in your mind. To say the least the kit is idiot proof. The hardest part was mounting the bootle bracket to the trunk. Running all lines ws simple and fast. i started out with the 75 shot. Hold On!!!!!!!!!! When you step on the pedal that nitrous kicks in the engine roars! My car is automatic and from a stand still traction becomes a huge problem! When people say thats the most fun with your clothes on this is what I think of. I am now on to the 100 shot safely. the car runs great and it begs for more. If you guys have any questions about the kit or install I would be glad to help. there really isn't much out there on the install just pics that don't show much. there is a few tricks that could save you some time.
Heavy right foot out!
Blanco GT

#2 ·
Hope you have a window switch hooked up to it or at least not spraying under 2500 rpms or you may be like one of those youtube videos

#3 ·
I'm actually pcing out my own zex kit. I got a tank from someone and I will have only 800 into this kit with the tc window switch and tank heater and all the other accessories.

#6 ·
800 for a nitrous kit damn? i have a friend selling 1 off his camaro with bottle lines,nozzle,and warmer and bottle brackets for 250 bucks im gonna tell him to go up on it if people really pay that much for them lol... i got my digital window switch for 50 bucks brand new and the WOT switch was 13 bucks..

#10 ·
im buying everything new. if you were to buy the 99-04 kit and all the other stuff like warmer, purge, window sitch you will be well over 1000. my 800 also includes another fuse block to run just the nitrous so i dont running off the factory one. never was a fan of taping fuses

#11 ·
well you are definately adding the power correctly F8L. I hate when you go to a buddies house to help him with something small and find that he has a BUNCH of wires spiderwebbing out from fuse taps to various things in the car... I normally just grab some 8G wire, fuse it and attach it to the batt then put in a secondary fuse block. a LOT safer, and cleaner looking.

#12 ·
i know i can buy a used kit cheaper but i like to know what im starting with, might just be me but if i can afford to go new, thats the way im going to go.

#13 ·
@F8L GT
was looking through your posts but haven't found anything,
was wondering if you had a good write up about nitrous or know of any, also wondering what you have done to your car?
it be cool if you did a little write up, I'm looking into nitrous soon, every little thing helps.
and I'd like to learn more about it from a nitrous guy instead of the I don't run nitrous your going blow up your car guys.

I'm probably going to go with a dry kit, (afraid of wet kits puddling)

#14 ·
i still dont have my nitrous fully installed yet. I myself would go wet. as long as you have a window switch and wot switch, it shouldnt puddle up at all. With a dry kit you will more than likely have to upgrade your fuel system

#15 ·
ahh if all goes well i might be buying a pretty rad kit from one the members here, i rather have new but always looking to save some money. lol, any nitrous kit i do will have a wot, and a window switch for sure,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.