Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to cruise my car tonite, so I want to get this done ASAP.

I took my swaybar off awhile ago for better straight line, but after watching some auto X yesturday, I want to put it back on and turn some corners.

I have an after market swaybar with poly bushings and aftermarket end links with poly too. I couldnt find my camera, so heres my cheap ass paint drawing to show you whats going on.

My question is should I be tightening it to the frame tight enough that the black bracket and the gold bracket are together? I have is fairly tight right now and theirs about a 1/4 inch of space in between the 2 (just like it shows in the picture). Also, what kind of torque is it supposed to be torqued too in the end.

Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went outside and answered my own question lol. I knew I was probably right, but I always like to ask to make sure.

Got it bolted to the frame, and the end links attached and assembled to the swaybar/lca.

2 more questions.

I'm doing this with the car on those little ramp things. So the weight of the car is still on the front suspension. Is this the proper way, or should the front of the car be jacked up, so the suspension is hanging down not supporting any weight?

Also how tight should the end links be?

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Most people use a jack and attach everything tight enough so that when they put the car down it stays together then final torque the endlinks down while the weight of the car is one the suspension so you don't bind the swaybar up. Don't over tighten the end links neither just snug them on. Your supposedly be able to rotate the end link bushings with your hands and if you can't then you over tightened.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts