Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have seen some pics of some Mustangs with really aggresive stances to them. The one I love most is the low in the front and normal in the back. I was wondering if it would be possible to lower my car in the front say, 1.5" or so, and leave the back normal?

Would this cause suspension probs?

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What if I simply got thicker tires in the back? Like... not thicker lenght wise but thicker in hight?

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I dont think it would cause any problems, just be sure to get an alignment. I lowered it all around but I run 18's on the back and 17's on the front and it gives me that stance.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone know where I would be able to buy just 2 springs? Would I need CC plates for a 1.5 drop? and how long could I go without replacing the Shocks/Struts.

I know you have seen the above questions 1,000,000,000 times... but just once more for me please :sorry

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
That look is what is refered to as the "raked" look. All you need is lowering springs or drop spindles for the front. Caster/Camber plates are a good idea because most of them give a bit more travel for the strut and then of course is the adjustability aspect. I wouldn't worry about replacing shocks/struts unless they are worn out.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I know you can buy just the front springs from Roush. I think Summit might sell them.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That look is what is refered to as the "raked" look. All you need is lowering springs or drop spindles for the front. I wouldn't worry about replacing shocks/struts unless they are worn out.
Drop Spindles?

My car has 58k miles on it, and the ride is a little rough due to the 18s (thin tires), however I dont think the shocks/struts are worn out.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Drop Spindles?

My car has 58k miles on it, and the ride is a little rough due to the 18s (thin tires), however I dont think the shocks/struts are worn out.
Drop spindles lower the car by moving the centerline of the wheel higher on the spindle. That is the proper way to lower the front of a car. Using drop spindles does not effect ride quality like lowering springs do. Drop spindles are more expensive though.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet, only $60 per spring... this project looks like its coming sooner than later now :yes:yes

Would a 1.5" drop give me the "raked" stance im lookin for? I mean, 1.5" does not sound like alot... im wondering if it will be easily noticeable.

·
Registered
811 Posts
wait i just relized that those springs i posted were 60 a piece weren't they. i thought at first they were 60 for both the front springs. oh man that interferes with my budget

1 - 12 of 12 Posts