Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1997 v6 mustang and as i am told i only have a single intake (upper?)
and as i am also told the new mustangs have dual intake ( somthin like that)

i am wondering if anyone knows how do a "Swap" (not to familar with this part)

weither its a verbal description on how to a a very informational video or somthing on youtube cuz i cant find one

the reason why i ask is cuz i want to do that (as described above)
cold air intake kit
super charger
how much max hp and average hp am i looking at to have total when this is aplied ( and i am aware that it might not be "alot" cuz its only a sixer but ive seen many super charged sixers fly. (there lighter)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Yes you can swap it. You need to have a pretty good idea what you're doing though. You need to change the upper and lower intake manifolds and I'm pretty sure the computer. I mean it shouldn't be terribly hard, IF you know what you're doing. So just read up on A LOT of tech stuff so you know exactly how the engine works. Then you can do simple stuff. I don't exactly know how experienced you are, if you have no experience, I wouldn't try it unless you have a TON of free time and someone that really knows what they're doing. Need more info for estimates of power. Type of supercharger, # of boost, any other work.

·
Registered
281 Posts
to do a splitport swap, you will need 99-04 cylinder heads, 99-04 lower intake manifold, 99-04 upper intake manifold, throttle body, fuel rails, all necessary gaskets.

you would have to delete the IMRC's if you get 01-04 intakes. you will also need to convert to Returnless fuel system since you have a 97, or modify the splitport fuel rail.

not to mention you will need a tune because you will need to use the 99-04 fuel injectors

im sure there is other miscellaneous parts you need but i cant remember every part.

you can read up on it here: Sixpackstang's Official Split Port Swap Post - 3.8 Mustang Message Board

1 - 3 of 3 Posts