Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok first off, not looking for racing horsepower etc just gas mileage. have a 93 mustang with a blown head gasket, pulled it down it has a cracked head. i have a good single plug head laying around that i could bolt on this motor if i can run only one coil pack. if so which one the front coil or rear coil. any help or anyone know let me know thanks.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
No this wont work right. The left side (driver) coil pack is what is used on startup, and the right side is used under load. Both at cruise. You can re wire one of the plugss and use a distributor. I did this to mine in high school. But its Way easier to get yourself another dual plug head.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Another note, is that if you want gas milage, up the compression. I dont know about any machine shops near you, but it costs me $70 to have a head milled. Its the best $70 i ever spent. I was getting 32-35 highway MPG after taking .135" off the head.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
No this wont work right. The left side (driver) coil pack is what is used on startup, and the right side is used under load. Both at cruise. You can re wire one of the plugss and use a distributor. I did this to mine in high school. But its Way easier to get yourself another dual plug head.
You could rewire the harness so that the Dual Plug Inhibit signal is on all the time and it only runs on one coil pack to turn off the right side coil pack.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You could rewire the harness so that the Dual Plug Inhibit signal is on all the time and it only runs on one coil pack to turn off the right side coil pack.
still making it easier to just replace the head.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts