Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new member here. Have a newly acquired 66 Mustang and need some general mechanic work performed as well as a suspension modification. Have tried speaking with the folks at Radical Racing in Atco and they simply won't call back or reply to emails. Same goes for Big Daddy's out toward the shore. Not sure if they are only looking for big dollar mod type work or what or if the recession is being overblown.

All joking aside any recommendations are appreciated. Essentially just need a good tune (getting some carb backfire so clearly my air/fuel mix is off) plus as I stated I need the suspension raised a bit in the front.

Where I live is not conducive to wrenching my own rides plus I am a far better driver than mechanic and I can admit it!

Thanks again.....J

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
How far down south are ya? I know of someone VERY good in Toms River. What kind of work are you looking for that requires those speed shops?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HMUSN,

I am in Medford, NJ so say general Cherry Hill area of S. Jersey. Tom's River is a bit of a haul but worth it if your guy is good?

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
Ah Cherry Hill.. The Jag dealer is right down the street from Camden.. lol

I trust him with me 75k Original miles SVO. ;) That should tell ya something right there.
In other words yea he is good. He doesn't have a shop, but he has a lift in his yard. He grew up wrenching on cars and I am sure he would like to play with a classic mustang. This guy managed to make a motorcycle powered lawn mower with 6 full reverse gears.. lol He is a back yard guy, but he does solid work for sure. Lifting your front end up a bit and doing some carb tuning is no big deal for him. I have him installing from the turbo back 3 inch exhaust as well as a front mount inter cooler on my mustang. Let me know if you are interested and I can give him a call.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
HMUSN,

I am in Medford, NJ so say general Cherry Hill area of S. Jersey. Tom's River is a bit of a haul but worth it if your guy is good?
i Know a mechanic whose also a backyard guy. he did my intake/heads/cam and my friends procharger install. Hes located in atco right near radical racing. It wont hurt giving him a call, hes good and does quality work and i trust him with any of my mechanical needs i cant handle myself. Also very affordable.

His house is basically his garage and he has two driveways, he doesn't like working at his actual shop because it always gets flooded.

i dont know if you looking for more of a big place like radical to do it but if theres one thing you will learn is that you need to call radical 25 times for them to answer. it took them a week (with my car just sitting at their shop) just to get my car on the dyno for 3 hours of dyno time.

His name is Matt Verde, name of his business is R&M Automotive and his number is 856-685-6775. Tell him that mike w recommended you. Like i said it cant hurt to give him a call and let him check out your mustang.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
would said guy weld in some flsfc for cheap?
and doo GOOD quality welds?

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
bump walt, TELLL MEEEE.
also, think he would give me a good deal on a shock/strut/spring install if i help him?

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
Who are ya talking to? ^ lol My guy has a plasma welder as well as an ark.
Here is him working on his own intake manifold..

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
walty.

you live to far north sadly. :[

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HMUSM,

I actually have been trading some emails with Big Daddy's and am hoping we can set something up soon. Nonetheless I'm pretty anxious to get this rolling especially since I have another Stang coming next week so if you want to put me in touch with your guy that would be great. If I can figure out how to post pics I will. Keep getting an error.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
It is probably because of your low post count. It keeps the spammers from posting pictures.
Jonathan Bliss | Facebook

Just add me as a friend providing you have an account and I will get you into contact with him. If not post on here a few times and I will shoot you a private message when you are allowed to receive them. I believe the post count number is either 5 or 10.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Awesome mechanic in Williamstown NJ named Steve Everett. He works on a lot of Mustangs from all years, and he is really reasonable, and more importantly he knows his stuff.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bucnasty,

Please PM me his info. Upgraded my account and still can't seem to upload pictures. Will do when I am able to figure it out!

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
photobucket.

upload and paste the code..

also i pm'ed you buc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
66 and 2012 Stangs

Here are my two Stangs. A 66 fully restored w/ 468 BB, custom suspension, etc... The other is a new 2012 Roush RS3. Makes for a difficult decision each morning. Appreciate the referrals from everyone on a good mechanic for my 66.

·
Registered
437 Posts
PM sent, also, sweet rides

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bucnasty,

Really appreciate the referral to Steve Everett. Met him today at his place and he seems like the perfect fit for what I am looking to have done. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
bucnasty,

Really appreciate the referral to Steve Everett. Met him today at his place and he seems like the perfect fit for what I am looking to have done. Thanks again!!
No problem, glad I could help, if ya could, tell him the Wrights referred you

1 - 20 of 20 Posts