Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone picked up the slack in their gas pedals? just wanted to know how difficult some people found it and how it ended up working out for ya? :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
took about 20 minutes...

just make sure you don't cut too big a piece of tubing for the spacer, 2 zip tieces, a blade for the tube, and that's about it. i'd deff recommend disconnecting the throttle cable from the t/b to give you more slack.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
took about 20 minutes...

just make sure you don't cut too big a piece of tubing for the spacer, 2 zip tieces, a blade for the tube, and that's about it. i'd deff recommend disconnecting the throttle cable from the t/b to give you more slack.
yea thats what i figured...im debating on it. mainly cuz im lazy

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
has anyone picked up the slack in their gas pedals? just wanted to know how difficult some people found it and how it ended up working out for ya? :)

its a great mod. do it. the pedal is going to be Very touchy now so be careful buts is a great mod. I love it. I got some really good Clear directions for you. The one from Mustangworld sucks. I couldn't understand that one for ****. The install is hard the first time. At least it was for me because it was frustrating. But then once you get the hang of it, it is really easy. And im pretty much mechanically challenged and i did this mod. is really easy. So if i can do it you can do it.

Full Throttle - 99-04 throttle cable adjustment/fix

here is another one. Ford Racing Bullitt Pedals (Manual)

This shows you at the end of the video. This video makes the Directions super clear on what to do. I used Plastic tubing instead of a nylon spacer because i couldn't find a Hose clamp that would fit around the nylon spacer but the nylon spacer would be best for the job. Also a trick to making the job a whole lot easier is to Put some type of tubing in the throttle body lever. im not sure what it is called but here is a picture. This will allow the cable to be longer in the driver compartment so you can slip the nylon spacer around the cable easier.

here two different images. tried to make it show up better with the orange tubing. You need to hold it open with something though. It will make the install so much easier. And don't forget to take the tubing out before you start the car.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
it's a really easy mod, cheap and absolutely worth it...

·
Registered
139 Posts
yah dude, totally worth the time (and the <$1 for the parts). lol do you guys have any sticking now tho? i think that i'll hit it with some wd40 or something cause it seems to stick a little (did i take out too much slack?)

·
Registered
761 Posts
l0l... just reach under your pedal.. get your sliced nylon spacer, pull the pedal up, put the spacer on the wire, clamp, and tada

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
yah dude, totally worth the time (and the <$1 for the parts). lol do you guys have any sticking now tho? i think that i'll hit it with some wd40 or something cause it seems to stick a little (did i take out too much slack?)
I moved mine up so i have No Slack at all and i have no problem with sticking.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i just did the pedal one. it just feels like a little sticky when i first step on it. it's like it just needs to be pushed a little harder to get it started...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts