Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am preparing to install the RAM HDX clutch kit from American Muscle with the billet steel flywheel in my 2011 V6 mustang. (Long overdue banishment of that crummy dual mass flywheel) I am looking for recommendations on the thickness of the spacer that needs to be used behind the slave cylinder since the thickness of the new flywheel & pressure plate is less than the stock with dual mass flywheel. I've read that complete disengagement is a risk unless a spacer is used and obviously would like to avoid that situation. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am preparing to install the RAM HDX clutch kit from American Muscle with the billet steel flywheel in my 2011 V6 mustang. (Long overdue banishment of that crummy dual mass flywheel) I am looking for recommendations on the thickness of the spacer that needs to be used behind the slave cylinder since the thickness of the new flywheel & pressure plate is less than the stock with dual mass flywheel. I've read that complete disengagement is a risk unless a spacer is used and obviously would like to avoid that situation. Thanks!
So the RAM kit is installed. It came with the spacer for the slave cylinder. Spacer is .750” for those who are curious.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts