Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
will slicks with a 7.5" back spacing fit on the back of my 02 gt thanks.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
will slicks with a 7.5" back spacing fit on the back of my 02 gt thanks.
Never gonna work with those SFCs:no, you better sell them to me so you can run those slicks :yes

What size is the slick? Are you lowered at all? Any other suspension mods?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Slow, where do you run your car at GLD, WIR, Byron??? And as dcook stated, what size tire is it?. 7.5 bs might be much. I know my 6.5 comes close to the exhaust.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Yeah, 7.5 is running a little far in. If it's taller and you're lowered, you might rub on the part of your wheelwell that kinda curves down (I'm not sure if that makes sense, look at your wheelwell and you'll see what I'm talking about). If it's got too much dish, then you'll have to look at rolling your fender.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yah, i run at great lakes in union grove, their of my cousins supra, when he gets back in town im going to try them on. i have sub-frames,lower control arms, and lowering springs, but its not that low. here's a pic of the rims on his supra

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i hope they fit, because on the 28th im going to the track, with my new tune,cams,valve springs, 4;10/girdle. see if i can maybe hit a 12.6

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
when was the last time you were at gld? i believe its an 1/8 mile track now. i dont want to disappoint but im almost positive they will rub

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2 weeks ago, no its not a 1/8 mile still a quarter

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well im going to try them out, i got spacers too, but there free so i hope they fit but, if they don't, sticking with the pos street tires

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
hmm thats odd. last month when we were suppose to go down for a three day event it was 1/8

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
GL man, next year we shoukd meet up at byron or wir

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks man. hell yah im down, maybe i'll have some more goodies on her. where are those places at?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Byron is in Ill, just south of madison across the border and if you know where Appleton is, WIR is just north of that, or just south of Green Bay

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Are running stock axles still? if so i would just watch out running slicks.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
stock axles lol

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Just making sure, didnt see anything that stated otherwise

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Did you try the slicks at GLD? How did it run if you did???

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did you try the slicks at GLD? How did it run if you did???
didnt try them, ran on my street tires, 13.9 was best 2.3 60' lol, it was 45 degrees out.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
so your sixty foot was only two tenths worse yet you lost three tenths off your time...not sure the intake manifold helped at all. JMO

anyway, good luck w/ the tires

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
spun 1st-3rd gear. missed 4th gear everytime except once. i ran seven times total ,and my best pass was my last. started out in 2nd gear lol. just no traction these nitto tires blow dick, slicks or drag radials ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts