Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking into getting slicks. i want to buy them used to save money... What size rims should i run and what size slicks should i put on them that will fit?

also on my stock 17s what is the widest tire i can fit on them? i got 245s now...

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
275 max on stock wheel.

slick: if you have to run a DOT class, just be sure to run approved tire. if no class to worry about, get a full slick. 26in tall will be stock height tire. an 8in whide wheel will be plenty for a 10.50 slick. i run 26x10.50x15 on my car.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
dpends what youre looking for. you can run a stock v6 wheel if you want (what i did for little bit) or you can get some custom ones. all depends on what you want and what you will pay for them.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im just looking for a cheap way to get a set of slicks and rims so i can put them on my car at the drag strip once or twice this summer

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
you can get a set of v6 wheels for decent price usually. you have to watch tread/sidewall width on the v6 wheels. i ran an et street bias on the v6 wheels, the tread width was only 9 or 9.5. my et drags i have now wouldnt of fit those v6 wheels, well correctly that is.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
if i can find a set and put them on my stock rear end you think ill snap an axle. im lowered 1.5 incehs
it's kinda hard to say, theres too many variables.

as long as you keep the launch rpms with in a sane range though, on slicks you should be ok for a little while.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what should i launch at with a 5 spd and stock clutch? and when you say lauch is that just dropping the clutch? im new to dragging

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
would a set of brand new racing slicks 28x11.5x15 on outlaw wheels work?
depends what you mean by "outlaw wheels". with an 11.5" tire i'd want atleast a 9" wide rim. the size is good tho.

with a stock rear end I'd launch at say 3k and hope it doesn't bog down.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
depends what you mean by "outlaw wheels". with an 11.5" tire i'd want atleast a 9" wide rim. the size is good tho.

with a stock rear end I'd launch at say 3k and hope it doesn't bog down.
when you say launch you mean hold it at 3k, then let the clutch pedal out as fast as possible and floor it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts