Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need you guys to chime in this one. Before I go crazy installing parts, this is the plan. I have a 3V engine that I am forging out with cams and a KB that I was going to swap into my 99 and turn it into a track car (corner carving, not 1/4). I have a lot of custom work done to the 99 and am starting to think I should keep the 99 as a street/show car and pick up a fox or 95+ to gut. I found a 98 V6 body with no motor for 900 or a 89 fox for 550. I think the fox would weigh less but I havent researched it yet. Fox-04 is pretty much the same chasis right?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yah, weight reduction is one of the major factors driving this choice as well. I have been so focused on new edge that I didnt stop to see how cheap and abundant the earlyer stams are. To get a clean rolling chasis for under a grand is awsome. the 98 is said to be about 200 lbs more than the 94 fox and the 98 shoud be 50-100 lbs lighter than a new edge so either or is good. Combine that weght loss with the all aluminum engine going in and tubular K member. That should will be 200-300 lbs lighter than the new edge.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
id personallly go with the 98 body.. the fox may be harder to install the 3v motor in..
keep it simple..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts