Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the last couple days I have been hearing a slight raddle exactly when I hit 3000rpm (never below or above it) and it seems to do it the most while in 1st and 2nd. The sound seems like it is either coming from either the shifter box or somewhere in my dash (can't really pin point it). Anyone ever have this kind of problem before?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
shifter boot

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I've got both of the rattles, Arikara's and acehogg69's. The shifter boot rattle will be easy once I get an MGW.

The other, like Stanglifemike says, is a new TSB (for cars manufactured before 12/03/07) that replaces an old TSB - the fix is for the service mechanic to cut out the exhaust isolator mounts (supposedly only used for installation of the exhaust system at the factory). There is some debate over the wisdom in just removing exhaust mount points at the first sign of noise.

It is really annoying but does go away temporarily once the car warms up.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
whats done to the car? its probably NOT pinging... much (these 3v are designed to run with a little knock... WTF I know but your manual says it clear as day)... i would chaulk it up as nothing... newer cars are going to rattle after the materials settle. anyway describe the noise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a slight vibration at 1200 rpm that seems to be exhaust drone or resonance on my 07 GT auto. Is that what the TSB covers? Anyone have the TBS number?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
TSB 08-03-04

"[...] supersedes TSB 06-4-1 to update the vehicle model years and Service Procedure.
ISSUE
Some 2005-2008 Mustang vehicles, built before 12/3/2007, may exhibit a concern with rattle/buzz/vibration from either the center stack (radio/heater) console, steering wheel, seat, floorpan, and/or gearshift area.
V6 VEHICLES MAY HAVE THE RATTLE/VIBRATION AT APPROXIMATELY 850 RPM AND 1500 RPM; THE V8 AT APPROXIMATELY 1200 RPM AND 3200 RPM."

info from TMS warranty/service forums

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only thing I have done to my car is flomaster mufflers (was done to the car before I got it).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts