Modded Mustang Forums banner

Slippery pedals

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Nightmare69 
#1 ·
This is the best pic I have of my pedals.

They're not stock, right?

Anyway.... does anybody else have problems with them being very slippery. If I get even a little water on my sneakers, and if I'm in a hurry and mash the clutch, my foot glides right off to the left. Is there anything I can do to make it more grippy or anything that you guys did that might help? Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
you could ruff up the black (rubber?) parts with some sand paper :dunno

or get some skateboard grip tape and cover the black pieces with it, i think that might be too grippy though.

and those are a ford pedal, IIRC they came in the bullitts, it guess it is possible that your car came with them. Maybe they were part of the IUP

#3 ·
Ya I was thinkin of cutting little circles out of the stuff people put on outdoor steps thats kinda like black sandpaper, but I dont think it would stick too good to the rubber on the pedals.

Does anybody have any other kind of pedals that look just as good but "work" better for their purpose?

#6 ·
#7 ·
oh ok i was wondering vuz mine is higher and didnt know if thats normal but ima put grip tape on maybe just 2 of the black dots for grip instead of all it was raining all last week didnt drive my car for this very reason. drove my dads gas saving camry lol

#10 ·
my buddy had those in his focus and i could never have any grip on those damn thing's
i don't like them at all.

#11 ·
those pedals come with bullits and where later introduced in the Iup package, i love mine, though they are slippery, however, if i can keep my feet on my stage 3.2 clutch im sure that anyone can handle the slipperiness of them lol.
i find wearing my chucks though help some, because it feels as if my foot wraps around the pedal in those shoes.

#12 ·
i have same bullitt paddles also.
looks cool BUT suck when ur shoes are wet. it's dangerous because their have been times when. im at red light and my foot has slipped off the clutch paddle.

now i just leave a little towel in the car. to wipe my shoe with when raining or car wash,

#13 ·
god when that post was made i was still driving my gt with the stock pedals and loving it. since then i bought a cobra just to find out that they come with the same pedals as the bullit, crap!. just be careful when driving with wet feet. i wipe my feet on the floor mat untill they are dry enough to stick to the pedal again. floor mats are cheap compaired to replacing stuff your run into when you slip off the clutch. i wish i had a pic of when i ran into the inside of my garage because of the "cool pedals"

#14 ·
Haha...The day I bought my car it was pouring down rain + I wasnt used to the stage 3 clutch nor was I used to the power level of this car:no...needless to say it was a BITCH to drive it home with wet feet. I hate the damn pedals. They look great, but Ive slipped off of the clutch a time or two...

#15 ·
Makes me glad I have a crappy ass salvaged one that doesn't even have a cover on it. Pretty sure my car was an auto originally.

Someone should make a gel style band that wraps around the edges, something similar to the iPod protective covers. That way your foot can slip on the rubber, but if it gets close to the edge, it sticks on the gel, while maintaining most of the original look.

Or just dig out a V6/GT pedal.

Or get some good driving shoes. I find my Puma's are great, and believe it or not work boots due to their non-slip sole.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.