Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, back in September last year my radiator blew up, I had it replaced, with all new tubes and such. Within the last month I noticed my coolant levels was very low, I refilled it, and now about every 200-300 miles I have to top off the reservoir. The car isn’t over heating, and I’m not seeing any fluids under the car at night, and I have looked over it while someone was revving and I’m not seeing any leaks. I have looked for corrosion and nothing is standing out.

Any help or pointers on where to look for this leak be very helpful, I was thinking it might be the water pump but want to make sure.

Thanks,

Tony

2002 GT, CAI with magnaflow catbacks.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Could be the head gasket but it could also be the intake leaking.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
check the thermostat gasket, that happened to me once and it was the thermostat gasket, first the raditor went on my 94 v6, then it was the water pump, a small amount was coming fromm the weep hole in the water pump, then it just totally went, then it was the thermostat gasket, after i installed the new water pump about 6 months later it started coming out of the water pump a little bit again, i thought the pump went again but then it stopped the next day

1 - 4 of 4 Posts