Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2012 GT 500 in March and it was built in April. Can anyone tell me why it takes so long for them to ship it to the PNW? It's just sitting in a big parking lot with a bunch of other Mustangs and it's been sitting in the rain for 40 days. The ------- dealer can't tell me why and they come up with all kinds of BS stories as to why it takes so long. It's paid for and they still can't get it. I bought a new Camaro in 2009 and it only took 20 days to get here from Canada. Makes me wonder if I'll ever do business with Ford again. Thanks for any reply.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It's fairly easy, there has been a shortage of rail cars in general delivering cars to dealers so that is slowing everything down. Your car might have been at the plant for extra testing after production, a member on another forum had his there for an extra week or so before it got shipped. I'll be honest, people have been waiting since Jan/Feb and still haven't gotten their car because of part shortages from the tsunami and such as well. Have you actually tried calling Ford Customer Service instead of your dealer?

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Another "reported" problem, is a part breakage during testing on a Boss 302. Seems the brakes gave way, and all Mustangs with the Brembo options (including GT500s) were either put on hold or held for inspection/further testing. I've been waiting for just over a month just to get a VIN for my order. And I work for a Ford dealer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Be patient mine was ordered Dec 14 2010 for a 12 GT and took till April 6th for me to pick it up

It will be worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Ford has always taken a little bit longer to build orders. I'm willing to wait to get the product that I want compared to getting something fast and less reliable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts