Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
ive installed it on a few cars, but something about it isnt NHRA legal, the hurst is however, so i used it on my car. the SLP kit is nice though, ill say that much.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the hurst better,just more time hooking it up,,they sell fittings ,i wonder if works on 2000...installation kit..

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
you actually have a real 2000 cobra R, please tell me your not heavily or even slighlty modding that thing, that should be considered a sin, part of me would want to mod it for the sake of doing it, but its a cobra R man, talk about deminishing the price of the thing by modding it, the value goes way down

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
hell no if he has a cobra r i would mod the **** out off it... bc i would never sell it that thing is my dream car... only if i could be rich *day dreams of driving a cobra r*

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
do you actually have a cobra R thu???

and its not about actually selling it, but i wouldnt do anything i couldnt undo very quickly, even then id feel like im commiting a sin thats in violation of the ten commendments, something about modding one just isnt right, on the other hand, but it would eat away at me knowing i owned a car i havent done anything to at the same time

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
you actually have a real 2000 cobra R, please tell me your not heavily or even slighlty modding that thing, that should be considered a sin, part of me would want to mod it for the sake of doing it, but its a cobra R man, talk about deminishing the price of the thing by modding it, the value goes way down
its a $40K car, BFD...

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
it may be a 40K car, but its a cobra R, the value on those things is going to go way up in the future, reminds me of the GT500 or something along those lines that sold for 50 grand less because it had a exhaust on it, and a carb, and i beleive something ignition done to it

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Ive seen a real Cobra R up here autocrossing....oh yea he had a huge ass turbo on it.... that thing was nasty. That car is meant to be driven not still in a bubble for 30 years.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Ive seen a real Cobra R up here autocrossing....oh yea he had a huge ass turbo on it.... that thing was nasty. That car is meant to be driven not still in a bubble for 30 years.
not saying that at all

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Anyways, hardest part to mounting the SLP is drilling the hole and screwing or bolting it to the firewall. A couple of the lines are a pain also, but mine still, after almost four months, isn't screwed or bolted to the firewall. Ran the wire through the wiring harness grommet with a clothes hanger.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
was all the fittings,lines correct with kit. slp use a button or a switch..
Everything is prebent and cut to the right lengths. All the fittings are there you need. Comes with a switch. I went ahead and got a toggle switch with a safety gaurd. Mounted it where the coin holder is on the console. Took the coin holder out and cut a piece of aluminum to fit the hole, and one a little larger than the hole to put on the bottom of the console. Gonna look good if I get off my butt to polish it to match my shift knob and brake handle.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Take a look under your hood tomorrrow. It mounts right behind the proportioning valve on the firewall. Just to give you an idea of how hard it will be. Patience is a virtue. There isn't much room, but like said, it will take about 20-30 minutes if you don't get too frustrated with the lack of space to work in. I tried to snap a pic of it for you, but you really can't see it to well with the camera.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts