Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got this car last week and it has the Slp loudmouth 1 exhaust... omg wow. I've taken it on a road trip(300 miles) and the next day another one (200mi) and now i'm deaf lol.

What's a muffler i can get and have thrown under there so it's not so loud? i'd prefer on the cheap side. I like the sound at idle of the lm1's but other than that it's a bit much for a daily. So i still want some decent sound just a little in between stock and lm1 lol

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
well i got magnaflows on there and it just above stock, its too quie for me, flowmasters 40 series has a nice low grumble if you like that sound

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I don't know what I have...but i checked the flowmaster site and I'm pretty sure I have the 70 series. its like 3 dB over stock (just a random guess)...barely noticable grumble at idle

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
personally i think any flowmasters sound good

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
+1 to that...although on my 4-banger Jeep I have a magnaflow and it sounds beautiful

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Magnapacks are what i have, there pretty quiet at idle. Also you can hold a conversation in the car. There also loud when you want them to be! =D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
just kidding I have 40's. all the cats make it so freakin quiet

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
panzy..i run o/r pipe with lm1's!

·
Registered
437 Posts
So i just got this car last week and it has the Slp loudmouth 1 exhaust... omg wow. I've taken it on a road trip(300 miles) and the next day another one (200mi) and now i'm deaf lol.

What's a muffler i can get and have thrown under there so it's not so loud? i'd prefer on the cheap side. I like the sound at idle of the lm1's but other than that it's a bit much for a daily. So i still want some decent sound just a little in between stock and lm1 lol
really? i have the same exhaust, but i have cats, do you? iv been told by many people that my car is too loud, but i may just be used to it. ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Go with lm2's its a good sound at least with stock header and a upr off road x pipe
i've been told it's lm1 exhaust, stock headers, with an X pipe, no cats. I can't tell but he also said it's the lm2's mufflers put on there but i don't know it doesn't say

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
u cant swap PowerFlo, LM1 and Lm2 mufflers on thier systems

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
im actually selling some used flow 40's if ya want em

·
Registered
437 Posts
i dont think he wants to go with 40's, hes looking for quieter exhaust, not louder exhaust, if lm1 is too loud, then im sure he doesn't want off road anything. :p

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
flows and o.r pipe wont be that loud. Flows just aren't loud

1 - 20 of 44 Posts