lm1's are by far louder...especially with an o/r x or h

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
mine felt terrible with them on it...and it was annoyingly loud

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
i also read in another forums post that some guy lost power. any ideas?
The lm1 is Very loud with an o/r midpipe loud to the point of sounding bad. And many say you want lose power but I know for a fact I ran them on the truck for 2months and it felt kinda sluggish but it was very loud but when I put the flows back on the truck all of that pick up off the line I lost with the lm1s came right back when I put the flows back on so it seems as if there was a big power loss in the low rpms with the lm1s. Had them would never own them again. it was literally a tube with an expansion in the middle with 'slp" pressed into the side of them. Ive heard better reviews on the lm2s though but they kinda resemble $30 short glasspacks to me. just my opinion.

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
LM1 is louder than LM2. i had LM2's fora while. way too loud. its cool for a little while but you will get annoyed with it and change it after a while.

·
Registered
50 Posts
lm1's are considered resonators, pretty much hollow mufflers

my camera is too close to the back of the car but you can check out what it sounds like with lt's and o/r h....video is in sig

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Lm1s sound like ass with an o/r midpipe, but sound good with a catted mid-pipe. You can search for Mr03MustangGT on YouTube to hear what mine sound like.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have 40 series, headers, and getting an o/r x soon so maybe ill just get super 44 if lm1s sound bad with the pipe.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a mac o/r hpipe and HAD lm1's in for a while and it sure as hell was crazy loud BUT it was the worst sounding exhaust in the world. I felt like a ricer. Its just loud as hell no deep sound quality at all. go with a chambered muffler if you have an o/r pipe. here is my exhaust now. I welded in some flowmaster super 44s into the slp tubing.

2011-03-18_15-52-54_200.mp4 video by 00mustang00 - Photobucket

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a mac o/r hpipe and HAD lm1's in for a while and it sure as hell was crazy loud BUT it was the worst sounding exhaust in the world. I felt like a ricer. Its just loud as hell no deep sound quality at all. go with a chambered muffler if you have an o/r pipe. here is my exhaust now. I welded in some flowmaster super 44s into the slp tubing.

2011-03-18_15-52-54_200.mp4 video by 00mustang00 - Photobucket
COMPLETELY agree with all of that.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
blah blah blah...exhaust is opinion. I loved my Mac o/r Prochamber and LM1's...I wouldn't run anythign else if it was given to me. That of course if I have a standard exhaust setup still.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Not to bash those things but in an o/r setup about 7 out of 10 will say those things are too loud and toneless. Like someone on a stage just yelling intead of singing out a clear not. Loud but not a clean sound.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
it have tone..and was loud. I am the wrong guy for that lol I love metal music.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts