Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys.

I was wondering whether or not the SLP loudmouths get old after awhile. Are they ridiculously loud to an extent that you have trouble retaining your sanity in the cabin? Can you hear the radio or even the person sitting beside you properly? Is there a bad drone?

Overall, are they annoying once their "newness" wares off? If so, I may just hook up some standard GT takeoffs to an X-pipe rather than going with any other aftermarket mufflers.

I have a 2005 Mustang v6. Thanks guys.

(Still a bit iffy about LMs, but I'm not sure what muffler to choose without making my car sound ricer or raspy)

·
Registered
662 Posts
most of these guys on here are going to tell you to go with thrush welds or flowmaster 40's for mufflers. relatively cheap, same sound, and gives a nice rumble for v6's. they will never sound like a v8 but an h pipe and those mufflers are a common set up for v6's.

hope this helps

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Its all personal preference
Personally I will agree slp with x pipe (sounds like a cat in a blender) and even divorced duals sound bad
But slap an h pipe or even in my case a prochamber and its reativly acceptable lol

Here's my old sixer with slp lm I
H pipe
And its single port keep in mind a multi port sixer will prolly be a touch louder and mabey a little more tone sence it has a 40hp diff.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts