Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how come most of you guys on here dont care for the SLPs? are they just too loud?

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
IMO the are just noise and sound bad when paired with a midpipe. I think the best axle backs are Bassani and Borla.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
its a really aggressive sound, personally I like that deep rumble tone. Some people love them, just not what I'm going for.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
see thats the problem..idk if there going to be too loud for me, i want something noticeable and loud..but not something thats annoying loud, especially with an x pipe or prochamber, and i cant tell from sound clips off youtube..

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
I think you would like the Borlas with a prochamber. Its got that muscle car sound and it's loud.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks ill give them a look

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i love my loudmouths with the frpp xpipe. it is loud, but i have heard much louder stangs out there. before i got the xpipe it was deeper, but it had a ton of drone and was very irritating to drive. put the x in and took care of all the drone. it also go louder out back while it is quieter inside the car. it has just a touch of rasp thanks to still utilizing the factory cats. you won't really notice the rasp unless you are really reving the hell out of it just to listen. i would recommend this set up to anyone, but of course exhaust note will always be a personal opinion kinda thing.

·
Doctor of Jurisprudence
2,945 Posts
Wait who says we don't care for em? I switched from Flowmaster to SLP and have never looked back! I was concerned that they would be too loud so I just removed my flowmasters and let the pipe just hang and drove it like that for a couple of days and LOVED it. Within a week I had my own set of Loudmouths and have gotten nothing but compliments.

And as far as drone goes, I'm really not sure what 'drone' is....is it that reverberating feeling in your chest when you gun it that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up and gives you a little chubby? Cause if so then I say the more 'drone' the better!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Wait who says we don't care for em? I switched from Flowmaster to SLP and have never looked back! I was concerned that they would be too loud so I just removed my flowmasters and let the pipe just hang and drove it like that for a couple of days and LOVED it. Within a week I had my own set of Loudmouths and have gotten nothing but compliments.

And as far as drone goes, I'm really not sure what 'drone' is....is it that reverberating feeling in your chest when you gun it that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up and gives you a little chubby? Cause if so then I say the more 'drone' the better!

lol thats hilarious

i love my high flow catted slp x and slp loudmouths.. i get compliments everyday, and thumbs up from the old pple!

i wanna take off the cats... the best part about this exhaust is that wen u pass by an import meet with their systems jumpin the trunk and u show up they hear u from 1 mile away then wen ur in the parkin lot and u rev it every1s alarm goes off and for the pple standin behind ur car theres nothing like seeing them cover their ears while walkin further back laughin..

i got a vid up but it sucks the camera was gay and he was like 15feet away

·
Registered
743 Posts

Like RF said its all what you like best. I have slp's also and love them as much as you guys say. I will admitt though that many others sound pretty awesome too though. I struggled for quite sometime on which ones to get and did go with slp's for the sound and price

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ha thanks guys..due to ur input , i think ill go with the slps..hows the noise inside the car? is it soo loud u have to turn the stero up alot just to hear it? or can u still hear yourself think while driving?

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
ha thanks guys..due to ur input , i think ill go with the slps..hows the noise inside the car? is it soo loud u have to turn the stero up alot just to hear it? or can u still hear yourself think while driving?
psycho bob says the drone was horribe with the axle back alone. Keep in mind that if you pair ir with a pidpipe of any kind, it usually gets either obnoxiously loud or very raspy, or both.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
psycho bob says the drone was horribe with the axle back alone. Keep in mind that if you pair ir with a pidpipe of any kind, it usually gets either obnoxiously loud or very raspy, or both.
Ha freakin aye, i dont know who to listen to anymore:mad:

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
mine didn't get obnoxiously loud or "very" raspy when i added the xpipe. it actually got quieter inside the car while getting louder out back with a little rasp at the higher rpm's. i do love to be able to hit the gas and drown out the arse hole that has his radio up loud as hell with my exhaust being louder.

·
Registered
609 Posts
my friend got the slp loudmouth after he heard them on my 01 gt...they sounded okay when he put them on..than he put a catless x pipe.it sounds like ass...sounds HORRIBLE

·
Doctor of Jurisprudence
2,945 Posts
Here you want an honest to goodness recommendation? I'd buy a set of used SLP's in good condition, and if you don't like them then you won't have any problem turning around and reselling them and then YOU aren't the one eating the loss from buying new and selling used....

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here you want an honest to goodness recommendation? I'd buy a set of used SLP's in good condition, and if you don't like them then you won't have any problem turning around and reselling them and then YOU aren't the one eating the loss from buying new and selling used....
better yet, i can just take the stock axle backs off the car now, essentially isnt that the same thing? and see how i like it before i spend the 400$...i like the grunt and ballsy sound the slps have, how about the steeda exhaust? that any good?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts