Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I think i have decided on an exhaust i think im just going to go with a muffler up grade insted of duels because cash is a lil short, and i can get a cai or a tuner with the lil bit of cash i can save. im gonna wait till i save up for a GT bumper to go duel. do you guys think there will be any performance increase with the SLP Powerflo? I have Watched some videos on you tube and i thinks it sounds pretty good for sungle exit exhaust. Also to anyone with 3:73 gears. What RPM is your cat at, at 60 -65mph? and is there any cut in MPG's? Thanks!

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
the mpg's will be nearly the same as stock with 3.73's. it really depends on if you do a lot of highway driving. SLP sounds good on v8's and not good at all on the sixxers. if you want to wait to go duals, then do not upgrade your single exhaust. spend that money on bolt ons. no point in upgrading your single exhaust only to spend more money later and upgrade to duals

·
Registered
43 Posts
definitely agree...and if you decide to get a single exhaust upgrade, down the road you'll end up spending the money on duals prettty much guaranteed... save up... be patient and do it all at the same time... one thing i suggest is when you go to get the duals put on, make sure you get the mouting brackets for the left side pipe from a gt, either through ford or aftermarket.... that way theres no shotty custom made bracket from a local shop on your car...

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the mpg's will be nearly the same as stock with 3.73's. it really depends on if you do a lot of highway driving.

Ok sry but will the 3:73 cut my highway miles more than my town miles Im sry for the bumb question i just dont understand what you meant lol

And i was asking about the SLP Powerflo exhaust because my friend got the
V6 kit for his birthday but got enough money from relitives and from saving that he is gonna go with duels and said he would sell it to me for $70. this way i could add some sound and get a cai and tune while im saving for the GT bumper and duels. i just wonder if it will increas HP or not? lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
im not really sure of the hp gains you'll get out of the SLP single exhaust... at first i went with a single flowmaster 40 series, and ended up getting duals anyways. I definitely noticed a difference in my acceleration with duals as compared to my single set up, it may not amount to a lot of hp gain, but there is a difference...however $70 for a temporary set up isnt too bad, but i would wait and put that money towards savin for the duals and the gt bumper. It your money tho ;)

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
dont waste money on a temporary set up.

depending on how you drive with 3.73's will depend on the mpg difference. if you use full throttle everywhere then yes you will lose more gas than stock. under normal driving conditions the mpgs is relatively the same, maybe losing only 1 mpg with the gears. normally highway driving sees more loss because you are driving at a higher speed for longer distances. either way you still should not see much mpg difference between stock and 3.73's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts