Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cars kind of slugish at the low end even in first (im all stock) and when i floor it the power pulses but i dont think its my cops cause i know how they feel ive replaced 2 of them so far and as soon as it starts my car tells me im thinking fuel filter it hasent been replaced since b4 i got it a year ago

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bumpity bump bump

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok well what could it be

·
Registered
148 Posts
i personally hate when there is somethign wrong with my lady and i cant figure out what it is for the life of me, luckily im friends with a mechanic so he always gives it a once over free of charge if i need it.

if you know anyone that could help you out like that then call in the favor ;) always better to have someone look at it in person

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well my car is a 99 gt with 108000 miles no mods except an aftermarket intake manifold

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
i would go ahead and replace the fuel filter ($10) , as well as plugs and fluids.... maybe run a fuel system treatment through it

·
Registered
638 Posts
i would go ahead and replace the fuel filter ($10) , as well as plugs and fluids.... maybe run a fuel system treatment through it

:yes basically a tune-up. keep up the maintenence and she'll treat you right

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
This is a Tread that was started a couple days ago on the same questions as you. http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/62250-my-car-feels-like-damn-turd.html

Also here is a mod that will help with the Sluggishness. Full Throttle - 99-04 throttle cable adjustment/fix

here is another way to do it. its at the end of the video though. This is pretty much a Visual on how to do the gas pedal mod... Ford Racing Bullitt Pedals (Manual)

This is a great mod. it will help with the sluggishness a lot. But you probably also need a tune up.

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:yes basically a tune-up. keep up the maintenence and she'll treat you right
well i change my oil every 2000 and plugs just got replaced 4 mounths ago i may do that gass pedal thing

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea but why would it have a pulsing to the power when im on it

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
you could have a fuel pump getting ready to go out...go rent a gauge and check the pressure...theres a shrader valve on the passenger side fuel rail on your car.

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok ill have to check that what is it supposed to be

1 - 16 of 16 Posts