Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know yall get ****ing tired asking the same ol questions and what not but i have a prob.ok what i really want is some dd black fr500 but i want nittos. now if i get 315 from them they will be dr and will not not work very well in the rain ( from what i understand) so will like a 285/40/17 work on that size rim? i really dont have that much money so im not tryna break the bank with $300+ a tire for the biggest thing that will fit and i still wanna get nitto 555 all around. if that doesnt work out, how good are
Sumitomo HTR Z
for the rain?

·
Registered
400 Posts
as far as the rain goes the nittos arent that bad. just dont drive like a jack ass and be aware that they are back there. Also nittos tend to be smaller that most 315s so if you want skinny go with them. I have heard bad things about sumitomos. It doesnt rain that much anyways.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I never had a problem with them in the rain. as long as you dont get on it hard or hit a big puddle you should be fine.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Sumitomo HTR Z are rather good tires .i have used them in the rain with no problems at speeds over 100mph ( yea i know stupid ) but t they work

ps :you do know they are the parent company of dunlop right ?

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Sumi's are fine for dd's. I had a set. I just didn't like how big the gaps were in the 315's great for rain, but crappy at hooking up. I now have 315/35/17" mt dr's with the newer thread pattern. I have had them in the rain several times, and never had a problem with them. just take it easy. They also hook up great at the track.

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Man, I thought driving in the snow with Sumi 315s was bad... I'm guessing there's a hell of a lot of rain elsewhere?

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
honestly, ill take the nitto's over the sumi's ANY DAY, the sumi's in the rain is like driving on ice, they just flat out suck.

the nitto DR's will be great in the rain, get them, and never look back.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Man, I thought driving in the snow with Sumi 315s was bad... I'm guessing there's a hell of a lot of rain elsewhere?
:eek: Idaho winter on 315 wide summer tires! That had to be a challenge.

Back to the original post: I've seen companies advertise 275/40/17s on 10.5 rims.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
like kc, the nittos do great in the rain. i run mine all the time in the rain and as long as your not being stupid, you wont have a problem. as for 300 per tire. do some searching and you can get them much cheaper than that. drs for mine in 18s were 200 a pop

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
a 315 is perfect for a 10.5 inch wheel. anything smaller is going to look stupid

·
Registered
87 Posts
Anything smaller than the 315 will look a little too rounded and stretched.
My buddy just wasted his money trying the same thing, he used a 275 and it looked terrible. 2 weeks of everyone ragging him. He bought the sumi's in the 315 and it looks way better.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
You can fit a 275 on them but they look stupid...

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
exactly gotta get a 315 on a 10.5 wheel

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
If you put anything less then a 315 you have wasted a good deep dish rim...

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
lets say if i do that? do they at least look nice??
no, bead will be hanging out like crazy, if you touch a curb your definently going to just up your rim.

275 is way too narrow for 10.5", its stretched on a 9.5. REALLY stretched on a 10.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts