Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately it's been happening more and more. Sometimes when I hit the throttle too hard and speed on the highway I start to smell something. I can't quite describe it, it's a mix between burning rubber and maybe oil. I checked the serpentine belt but it seems fine. No chips or cracks. The oil will be due for a change in about 500 miles (hitting 5000k on this oil change)

Any idea what's causing this smell? Or what damages/repairs/replacements need to be made to remedy it?

·
Registered
928 Posts
check the dipstick to see if your losing oil

·
Registered
890 Posts
Smells like clutch to me

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an automatic, I checked the oil level yesterday afternoon the oil level seemed fine. A bit dark but not "black" as the last oil change when i dumped seafoam in. Could it still be oil leaking into an area it shouldn't? Why would that only happen at high rpms?

·
Registered
928 Posts
you put seafoam in the oil before or after your oil change

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Honestly I think so It's hard to tell because sometimes the air/heat is on and i dont realize, i'll smell it turn it off, and ill smell it again later. Could it be dirt on the radiator or something?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Extra info: It happens more when I switch from Bama's 93 performance tune to their 93 race tune. I switch to Race during the weekends and keep performance on during the week could the constant switching cause anything?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is the smell only when you have the air/heat on by any chance?
Confirmed yesterday I don't have to have the heat/air on, not even the vents open to smell it. But it does make it stronger. I still have idea what it is.... any suggestions?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts