Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I deleted my SMOG and put in 82ohm 3WATT wirewound resistors in the TAB/TAD connector sockets making it run correctly, now I need help with my Vacuum lines... Can anyone help me with this??

Also is there a EGR delete? Thanks guys - Joe

·
Registered
241 Posts
Trying what? The first link 2nd or 3rd reply told you where to get the plate. Other links told you to plug the vac. lines. ???

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am trying to keep the Check Engine light off... Dont reply on this thread anymore, you are wasting yours and my time. - Joe

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
if you've deleted the smog pump you won't get any check engine light.. yes it'll store an error code in your ecm but won't display the check engine light.

Pull your codes and see what's setting the light off

Once the smog pump has been deleted you can also delete the two little things on the back of the pas side shock tower below the egr evr. They were the TAD and TABS and without them you won't get any check engine or ill effects.

Deleting the egr is as simple as unplugging it. The ecm recognizes that it's faulty and disables it in the tune after setting an error code. Once again no check engine light but an error code is stored. From there purchase a block off plate and remove the egr solenoid and install block off plate. Delete all vacuum lines to the egr, tad and tabs and your good.

My daily driven 88 hatch has been this way for three years now without any issues.

·
Registered
241 Posts
if you've deleted the smog pump you won't get any check engine light.. yes it'll store an error code in your ecm but won't display the check engine light.

Pull your codes and see what's setting the light off

Once the smog pump has been deleted you can also delete the two little things on the back of the pas side shock tower below the egr evr. They were the TAD and TABS and without them you won't get any check engine or ill effects.

Deleting the egr is as simple as unplugging it. The ecm recognizes that it's faulty and disables it in the tune after setting an error code. Once again no check engine light but an error code is stored. From there purchase a block off plate and remove the egr solenoid and install block off plate. Delete all vacuum lines to the egr, tad and tabs and your good.

My daily driven 88 hatch has been this way for three years now without any issues.

This guy knows his s***!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts