Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ok so I checked my radiator and I dont know if its full lol its about 2 inchs from the top is that full or do I need to fill it up almost to the top?

So I started it up to let it warm up real quick just cause I dont like something sitting more then a day without being started and the underneath of my hood was wet from the fiberglass hood I guess anyway I let it warm up for a few min and I notcied this smoking and I kinda got worried but I looked and it seemed to be coming off the headers (i think the things down low maybe lower intake pretty sure its headers theyre on both sides of the engine) but they also looked wet it kind of smelled like a burning sensation but I looked all over and that was the only thing I saw that was smokin so is that normal (I know if it gets wet it smokes because heat and water but the smell I mean is that ok?)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey guys ok so I checked my radiator and I dont know if its full lol its about 2 inchs from the top is that full or do I need to fill it up almost to the top?

So I started it up to let it warm up real quick just cause I dont like something sitting more then a day without being started and the underneath of my hood was wet from the fiberglass hood I guess anyway I let it warm up for a few min and I notcied this smoking and I kinda got worried but I looked and it seemed to be coming off the headers (i think the things down low maybe lower intake pretty sure its headers theyre on both sides of the engine) but they also looked wet it kind of smelled like a burning sensation but I looked all over and that was the only thing I saw that was smokin so is that normal (I know if it gets wet it smokes because heat and water but the smell I mean is that ok?)

well your coolant should be full in the radiator plus overflow should be at the cold or hot line, if there is stuff on the headers yes its going to smoke and stink.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thank you that makes me feel better ok so I should add some more to fill it up and then fill it to cold on the overflow thing right? like should it be ALL the way up to the LID of the Radiator CAP

I just want to be sure dont want to do something wrong to jepordize my engine thats the last thing I need lol

·
Registered
371 Posts
ok thank you that makes me feel better ok so I should add some more to fill it up and then fill it to cold on the overflow thing right? like should it be ALL the way up to the LID of the Radiator CAP

I just want to be sure dont want to do something wrong to jepordize my engine thats the last thing I need lol
i fill mine with the engine running till it slightly starts to overflow then shut it off and keep filling it till its done with engine off, then next day top off rad. and set overflow tank, im sure everyone does it slightly different though. thats for a drain and refill though im sure yours jsut needs topped off

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
yeah it should be to the cap in the radiator.....and then fill the overflow a lil.....if you get it too full its not gonna hurt because when the water expands itll just come out of the overflow.....no biggie

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah it should be to the cap in the radiator.....and then fill the overflow a lil.....if you get it too full its not gonna hurt because when the water expands itll just come out of the overflow.....no biggie
ok thanks guys now I just have to get the electrical issue thing sorted out I turned it on and it was still doing it so looks like I'll figure it out sooner or later
I buy the 50/50 antifreeze right?

Ummmm so I noticed something I dont know if this helps lol so when I turn on my right blinker it stays on period it doesnt flash or anything but the left one doesnt work at all someone said it might be the multifunactional thing (aka the blinker lever) your input?

·
Registered
371 Posts
ok thanks guys now I just have to get the electrical issue thing sorted out I turned it on and it was still doing it so looks like I'll figure it out sooner or later
I buy the 50/50 antifreeze right?

Ummmm so I noticed something I dont know if this helps lol so when I turn on my right blinker it stays on period it doesnt flash or anything but the left one doesnt work at all someone said it might be the multifunactional thing (aka the blinker lever) your input?

you can buy the 50/50 i usually mix it my self though with water its cheaper, as for the electrical issue get your self a fusetest light and go to town on your curcuits and try to find whats up

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good idea I never thought about checkin the fuse box itself thats what your talkin about right

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
its easier just to buy 50/50

1 - 9 of 9 Posts