Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for thos that have them can you still see ok at night. i also have 8000k hids.
and where did you get them i know AM has them but its a little expensive.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
For the hids either vvme.com or ddmtuning.com

as for the smoked headlights it depends. If you get the avs covers then no you probably won't be able see well. If you go with a spray like I did mine, you can go as dark as you want. Just make sure you wet sand if you want a high gloss finish.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
When you say smoked, I am assuming you mean tinted lenses. The black housing headlights on our cars are also reffered to as smoked lights.

As far as seeing through tinted lenses, it all depends on the level of tint. I had dome dark tinted lenses and even with 5000 HIDs, could not see ****. With my clear lense smoked (black housing) lights I can see perfect.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Those are the same ones I had. They lasted three days.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
yea man those look really dark. Do you specifically want a whole new assembly? Why not just spray tint yours?

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Pull two pins, disconnect the harness and they slide right out bthen spray nightshade or some variant of that very thinly. Let it dry and if you want it darker then do a mother light covering. Continue this process until you get the desired shade. Then get some wet sanding sandpaper and wet sand them until they are smooth and glossy. Then reinstall in the car.

These headlights are by far the easiest I've ever removed from a car.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Or another option is take it to a performance shop and have them do it. I'm willing to bet it'd be cheaper than buying new ones.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no i need to get new ones because the previous owner broke the mechanism that makes the lights go up and down. and im blinding everyone with my hids

·
Registered
812 Posts
I got my Smoked Headlights from American Muscle with their forum discount (5% I think) and they are fine...I have Bi-xenon 6000k and have beautiful output
+1, sept its 6% I think, and they work and look great, very happy with that buy. pic in my garage

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
Creep...creep...creep. :shiftyeyes

im thinking about getting their sn95 smoked headlights, i think they would look great on black stangs. and the ones you are looking at are even hotter

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
ok so you do need new head lights all together. The only thing I will tell you is that no matter which headlights you get, make sure you seal them before you put them on. I've read too many stories of people ordering aftermarket lights, throwing them in, and then having an inch of water sitting in the housing. Just seal them up before you throw em in.

·
Registered
430 Posts
ok so you do need new head lights all together. The only thing I will tell you is that no matter which headlights you get, make sure you seal them before you put them on. I've read too many stories of people ordering aftermarket lights, throwing them in, and then having an inch of water sitting in the housing. Just seal them up before you throw em in.
Like what happened to me, i bought some smoked housings off ebay about 3 weeks ago and before i bought them i asked the seller if they were sealed already. He said they are, i ordered them and when i received them i inspected them and they looked to be sealed well as the whole housing was sealed. I didn't bother sealing them myself so i put them on and of course we had a week long rainstorm two days after putting them on. I noticed there was a good amount of water sitting in the driver side housing which actually melted my bulb so i was running on only one headlight.

Took the housing off took all the water out, let it sit in the sun for a day so i was luckily to get all the moisture out of it and re sealed it myself. Haven't had rain since but i think it'll be fine cause i sealed the hell out of it lol. Should be getting my 6k HID's put on this week so it should look pretty bad ass.

·
Ginger with No Soul
1,124 Posts
I got mine from AM, my smoked foglamps came from there too. I love them!! Seeing at night is not an issue with HIDs, or even Silverstar bulbs (which I use).

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.