Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen a harness from pro m to enable me to run a fox ecu in my sn95. Are these even worth it? I have the cobra j4j1 ecu right now and it runs extremely rich I think because it just burns your eyes and nostrils to even gey close to my car.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Start looking into why its running the way it is

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im trying. Don't know where to start I guess. Has new o 2 sensors and maf. Font know if its the right maf sensor tho I have 24# injectors with a stock maf however I have a cobra ecu that's calibrated for the 24# injectors

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
What modds do you have that you need 24 lb injectors ?

Having a cobra computer with 24 lb and having a factory style maff, seems correct, just not sure its correct for your set up.

Have you checked for codes, and how old are your 02 sensors ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
24's are stock for the J4J1.
This ecu uses the same MAF meter as the 5.0HO engine... part number should start with 'F2VF-'

If you put an aftermarket MAF on the car, then I would call the company and verify that the meter you have, is what they recommend for your computer/injector combo.

People used to swap the Fox computers into the sn95 cars because the Fox ecu is a little more adaptable in stock tune.
However, now we can tune the ecu via the J3 port using Moates/tweecer/etc... so you are much better off sticking with the sn95 ecu.
The J4J1 is a pretty good computer.

Are you getting any diagnostic codes?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just built a 306 with dss 10:1 pistons, scat I beams, comp cam xtreme energy, cloyes double roller, arp main studs, flo tek 185 heads, 1.6 roller rockers, bbk shorties, cobra intake, accufab tb, with the aforementioned j4j1 and 24# injectors on a factory replacement maf from autozone. Engine and o2 sensprs have around 30 miles on em.. iintermittent check engine light comes on briefly after a high rpm run then shuts off after a few mins

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The car idles at about 950 rpm, but sometimes it gets stuck around 1500 for a cpl mins before it goes back down and I hate that

·
Registered
208 Posts
While I agree that a tune would help... I would diagnose known issues first, by pulling the codes and working them.
If the car still doesn't run right, or you still want to tune it after working the codes... then go for it.

You can't tune around component failures though.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
Anytime you modify an sn the way you have, you need a professional dyno tune, or get a maotes tune with BE software and do it yourself. It will run a ton better. I tune a lot of these. I would get a pro m bullet cal'd for you injectors and cobra comp, before spending money on a tune. The stock maf will probably peg with your combo. Just fyi.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok. Prolly get a 75mm or 80mm pro m then I want to bring it to you for a,tune. Just haven't figured out if im going to trailer it or drive it to you yet

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
O and my code is for egr. Its blocked off but plugged in and ran.a vaccuum source to it. cel was on all the time until I did that

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
Yeah, that can be turned off in the tune. Get with me when you are ready to order your maf, I can get it dropshipped to you.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
Cool, thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts