Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snapped the radiator drain plug clean off, of course I did. Like anything could ever actually work for once on this peace of ****. Hand tightened it and a half turn with the socket and it came off with no force at all. I ****ing turned the socket with two fingers for christ sake. Question is, how the hell do I get it out. Even when it was all the way unthreaded before it broke something was keeping it from just coming out? Any helps appreciated as always.

Reactions: casper gt

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
just pull it out with some pliers/etc.

replacements (although they look slightly diffrent) are as close as your local advance/auto zone/etc. their about 3 dollars.

no big problem at all.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not stuck in there by anything? Like i said I had it unthreaded all the way and when I tried to pull it out something was stopping it. it would wiggle around but not pull out?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
It's not stuck in there by anything? Like i said I had it unthreaded all the way and when I tried to pull it out something was stopping it. it would wiggle around but not pull out?
it's just got a little plactic t thing on it (like the tags on clothes at a department store) just pull it out (if its completely loose, if not finish unscrewing it then you'll see it's just hanging by some strands of plastic which form the t thing I'm talking about)

Reactions: JerseyTrueBlue

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks dude I was gonna just yank on it anyway but just didn't wanna break anything. Big help man, reps.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Thanks dude I was gonna just yank on it anyway but just didn't wanna break anything. Big help man, reps.
no problem, glad to help you out.

returned.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Had this happen to me on my old '02. I felt the same as yourself, but like Casper said man just yank that bastard out. I ended up having to get the drain cock from the dealership.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll go to the stealer if I have to, but I'm a little ticked at them right now since they ripped me off on the heater core hose. The substitute casper posted looks awesome since it's able to just be hand cranked real good. Hope I can find something like that.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for everything guys got the one casper posted from pep boys. Easy fix since the threaded part of the old one still have the hex shape in it, came right out with an 8mm alen wrench.

^Awesome avi by the way. That guy finally found a use for t tops besides leaking lol

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Thanks for everything guys got the one casper posted from pep boys. Easy fix since the threaded part of the old one still have the hex shape in it, came right out with an 8mm alen wrench.

^Awesome avi by the way. That guy finally found a use for t tops besides leaking lol
:lol

I goofed around with an S2K once in the 5.0 and my buddy started doing that **** to my other friend in the S2K. It was absolutely hilarious.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have done this sa well. Luckly I was closing it. But in a year when I flush my coolant again Im going to use an alen key and gurila glue let it set and yank it out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts