Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
AIRAID Intake System For 2010 4.6L Mustang GT

AIRAID Intake For 2010 4.6L Ford Mustang GT Features :

* Computer Designed Pleat Depth and Count : Assures Maximum Air Flow and filtration. All Intakes include an AIRAID Premium Filter.

* Cross-Linked High Density Polyethylene Intake Tube : CNC Designed for Correct Mass Air Flow and Fuel Ratio.

* Large One-Piece Rotational-Molded Cold Air Dam : Keeps Heat Away From Intake

* Keep or Delete Sound Resonator

* Stainless Steel Hardware and Couplers

* All AIRAID Intake Systems are : Made in the U.S.A

* All AIRAID Filters Include our : Lifetime "No Hassle" Warranty

* ADD a Real 15 Horsepower and 18 ft/lbs of Torque on Mustang's engineering-quality Dynamometer!

* AIRAID Intake Part # 450-238 fit's 2010 Ford 4.6L Mustang GT.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
If this unit is anything like the one I put on my 2007 GT, it will be a great unit. Had mine on the car for almost 50,000 problem free miles now.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
could this work on a 05-09? and if it does will it work better?

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
So does this cap off the gay noise hose? .. or do you have it able to run with or without the gay noise hose?

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So does this cap off the gay noise hose? .. or do you have it able to run with or without the gay noise hose?
Hello NastyStang113,

Yes we offer a cap so you do not have to use the "Noise Hose".

It's totally up to the customer if they chose to run that or not.

Thanks,
David

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
Not to thread jack but have you run your 05-09 intake at 100mm MAF yet? because I am about to and I was wondering what to expect.....because your dyno numbers have been pending for years now. And I think the airaid can be in the top contenders if they could get some numbers out there and have their intake on built cars.

Edited....to take the stupid out....

·
5,818 Posts
sorry I didn't have chuck norris teaching me english........and I know when I get excited my grammar suffers.....and word placement.

I really just want some dyno numbers from airaid at 100mm MAF. And they never answer me back.......:sorry

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not to thread jack but have you run your 05-09 intake at 100mm MAF yet because I am about to and I was wondering what to expect.....because your dyno numbers are pending for years now. And I think the airaid can be in the top condenders if they could get some numbers out there and have their intake on built cars.
Hello navyman8903,

We have not tested our system with a 100mm MAF sensor.

It has only been tested by us with the stock MAF sensor.

We did release our Dyno #'s when we released our system back in 2005, however for some reason they are not listed on the site. I will take a look at see if I can find the Dyno sheet.

The AIRAID system is going to flow more air than the 4.6L Could ever require.

I am not sure what you mean by "Top Contenders"? The Quality, fit & finish and performance of the Airaid are 2nd to none as far as CAI for the 4.6L goes.

Any other questions, please feel free and let me know.

Thanks,
David
did I just kill the thread?

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Why choose Air Raid if you can purchase a Jlt/Steeda/C&L and get almost double the HP? I know it requires a tune, but the handheld actually comes in handy for other modifications.

For those of us looking for the most HP for our buck, I would think a tuned intake making more then 30-40rwhp would be a market destroyer, assuming its for a N/A application.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why choose Air Raid if you can purchase a Jlt/Steeda/C&L and get almost double the HP? I know it requires a tune, but the handheld actually comes in handy for other modifications.

For those of us looking for the most HP for our buck, I would think a tuned intake making more then 30-40rwhp would be a market destroyer, assuming its for a N/A application.
Hello 2006GTARPD3,

The AIRAID unlike the others mentioned come Tuned and Fully Calibrated and does not require any Tuning. We do not feel that a customer who buys a CAI should then have to purchase a "Tune" because the CAI has not been tuned properly.
No system makes Double the HP, and the majority of the HP you are seeing is coming from the tune and not the CAI. You are not comparing apples to apples. If you ran the AIRAID with a good Tune then you will see just as much HP and TQ as the others.

The Big difference in Claims is the "Tuner" not the CAI.

You are not buying a "Tuned" intake when you have to purchase a "Tuner" to make the CAI work properly.

The AIRAID is a "Tuned" intake as it does not Require a tune.

The AIRAID comes fully tuned and calibrated and if the customer decides he wants more performance than he can get a Tuner, Exhaust, or any other products to make his vehicle perform better, however a "Tuner" should not be required to make a CAI run properly.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
706 Posts
It seems like the gain from a no tune CAI does not increase that much in rwhp with a tune. I know my S&B and the K&N dyno about 15-17rwhp but when you add a 93 tune they only dyno at 20rwhp. Has anyone dynoed a Airaid with a 93 tune? Of course the tune still wakes up the car.

·
5,818 Posts
I have dynoed the car with the airaid at 85mm MAF. With Longtubes, airaid, spydershaft, steeda cmcv plates and the meziere I dynoed 300rwhp and 320rwtq. And it peaked at redline.

david,
My question is If you put an airaid at 100mm MAF on a car with livernois stage 2 heads and comp cams 127500 spr stage 2's with other boltons, What would the result would be. That is my question.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have dynoed the car with the airaid at 85mm MAF. With Longtubes, airaid, spydershaft, steeda cmcv plates and the meziere I dynoed 300rwhp and 320rwtq. And it peaked at redline.

david,
My question is If you put an airaid at 100mm MAF on a car with livernois stage 2 heads and comp cams 127500 spr stage 2's with other boltons, What would the result would be. That is my question.
Hello navyman8903,

To be 100% honest, I do not know. We would have to have the exact same car with exact same mods and do testing on it, which we have not done.

I wish I could give you a more concrete answer, however we only test our systems on stock car's.

I can't imagine there would be a problem with the AIRAID flowing enough air.

Thanks,
David

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Hello 2006GTARPD3,

The AIRAID unlike the others mentioned come Tuned and Fully Calibrated and does not require any Tuning. We do not feel that a customer who buys a CAI should then have to purchase a "Tune" because the CAI has not been tuned properly.
No system makes Double the HP, and the majority of the HP you are seeing is coming from the tune and not the CAI. You are not comparing apples to apples. If you ran the AIRAID with a good Tune then you will see just as much HP and TQ as the others.

The Big difference in Claims is the "Tuner" not the CAI.

You are not buying a "Tuned" intake when you have to purchase a "Tuner" to make the CAI work properly.

The AIRAID is a "Tuned" intake as it does not Require a tune.

The AIRAID comes fully tuned and calibrated and if the customer decides he wants more performance than he can get a Tuner, Exhaust, or any other products to make his vehicle perform better, however a "Tuner" should not be required to make a CAI run properly.

Thanks,
David
Can you give us some more information on how you tuned this intake? How many CFM will it flow with the stock MAF? How does that compare to the stock airbox and your competiters? If the FBW system is so picky about adding additional airflow without a tune how does your intake work?

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Can you give us some more information on how you tuned this intake? How many CFM will it flow with the stock MAF? How does that compare to the stock airbox and your competiters? If the FBW system is so picky about adding additional airflow without a tune how does your intake work?
Hello C MY 4D,

Our Mass Air Sensor (MAF) equipped applications are verified on our flow bench with voltage plotting vs. test pressures. This allows us to insure proper and accurate mass air flow sensor functionality. With this verification, we are able to provide intake systems that do not require tuning of the computer calibration.

A Typical V8 will not require much more than 300 cfm of airflow and The AIRAID Intake system for the 4.6L Mustang GT flows about 3-4 times what the engine will ever require. Air flow it's self is only a small view of the functionality of an intake system. Velocity, volume and turbulence are equally important characteristics.

A big challenge for aftermarket manufacturers is to develop performance intake systems that provide added air flow while retaining sensor functionality within their design limits. Our staff of engineers and ASE certified techs utilize our in-house chassis dyno, flow bench, mass air sensor flow bench, rapid prototype equipment and much more to insure our products function and fit as intended. Our success has resulted in the supply of performance intake systems to OEM manufacturers.

All of our AIRAID Intake Systems come fully tuned and calibrated and do not require any additional tuning. Those include our Ford Mustang line ( Shelby GT500, 05-09 Mustang GT, & 05-09 4.0L Mustang ), 2005-2009 Corvette (LS2, LS3, LS6), 2010 Camaro 6.2L / 3.6L, and our entire Gas & Diesel line.

AIRAID is a TRUE Cold Air Intake Manufacture, This is all we BUILD and we do it right!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts