Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Deltaforce/sniper. Special forces software?

Seems to good to be true. Anybody got one? How well do they work? Are they worth the investement? Thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked on there website and basically it can tune everything down to like which mid-pipe you have. I have never seen that offered by another company.

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
I looked on there website and basically it can tune everything down to like which mid-pipe you have. I have never seen that offered by another company.
yea u pick from the drop down boxes and it builds a tune. it works good for boltons but for anything more its gonna be tough unless u know what ur doing urself

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
I figured that. Do you think this is better then sct or diablosport?
well if u need a dyno tune down the road ur better on with sct IMO. as far as the tunes they are prolly bout the same except with sniper if u get a new mod u can change the tune urself but with sct u need to have someone build u another tune

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats wat I was thinking. So the special forces tuner would be more cost effective in the long run and I could build the tunes for myself.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Sniper is very good for DIY. I haven't tried to dynotune w/ it yet but my friend has a s/c GT on Diablo and my Sniper tune was way better than the one he had. You get to tune 2 vehicles w/ the purchase of a new sniper unit. That was helpful... I think sniper is better than SCT. You don't have to sit in your car to make a new tune, just fab it up in your living room on your laptop and then go flash it... 5 minutes in your car at most. In FL - that's a plus :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sniper is very good for DIY. I haven't tried to dynotune w/ it yet but my friend has a s/c GT on Diablo and my Sniper tune was way better than the one he had. You get to tune 2 vehicles w/ the purchase of a new sniper unit. That was helpful... I think sniper is better than SCT. You don't have to sit in your car to make a new tune, just fab it up in your living room on your laptop and then go flash it... 5 minutes in your car at most. In FL - that's a plus :)
I agreee it sounds so much more convienent. Thanks yall

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
What are the differences in performance though? I'm sure dyno tunes and data logging would give better numbers and performance.

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
What are the differences in performance though? I'm sure dyno tunes and data logging would give better numbers and performance.
yea definitely. sniper is gonna be the same as a canned tune for the most part unless you have the other package where you can actually do the real tuning, but then ur to the point where its the same as sct's package...
basic sniper tuner = sct handheld
just with sniper you can go back and retune. but its just about what you want to do. if you dont have a computer then sniper is definitely not for you. i mean i think it comes down to preference.

but like i said once you get into big mods it becomes difficult to find a dyno who runs sniper stuff...most use sct, so sct is generally the way people go

1 - 14 of 14 Posts