Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did my first tune on the Mustang! For 87 octane to test it out. Woke the GT up lol! Can't wait to get the new 3.73 rear end get all of the bolt-ons installed. C&L ported plenum, 75mm throttle body, and a MAC off road H-pipe.

Time to go create a 93 octane tune and get some gas! :eek:

This is my first time with a tuner btw! :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
no where did you hear that at ?
Sniper charges a monthly fee if you buy the dealer version of Commando (around 800$). You probably have Special Forces. That's the same tune I run and it definitely "wakes up" the GT like you said.

I know a lot of people at Sniper and they're all great guys selling an awesome (yet little heard of) product.

I loved playing with the shift settings, except I got a bit greedy and tuned it harsh to start. It was quite interesting hearing the transmission fluid swoosh during every shift. The 4R70W automatics were built quite well, so if you have one go ahead and let loose!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
could i tune my mach 1 for 87 instead of 91 and would i lose power
I believe your mach has a knock sensor that will retard timing if for some reason you put 87 in your car. In other words, yes you would lose power on 87 even with a "tune". With that said, I really would not put 87 in your car even with a different tune. The price for 91 vs 87 is typically only 15 cents/gallon ...thats a $1.50 for 10 gallons so your looking at around $2 more per tank.

·
Banned
837 Posts
Sniper charges a monthly fee if you buy the dealer version of Commando (around 800$). You probably have Special Forces. That's the same tune I run and it definitely "wakes up" the GT like you said.

I know a lot of people at Sniper and they're all great guys selling an awesome (yet little heard of) product.

I loved playing with the shift settings, except I got a bit greedy and tuned it harsh to start. It was quite interesting hearing the transmission fluid swoosh during every shift. The 4R70W automatics were built quite well, so if you have one go ahead and let loose!!
You are totally wrong here , there is not monthly fee for anything thru Sniper unless you sign up to be a Sniper Dealer and pick their payment options for your buy in ..... Commando is $679 from me which is same as SCT pro racer that is well over 700 bucks most places .........and no monthly fees ....sometimes I scratch my head wondering where you guys get your information from ?????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts