Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Right now we're sitting at -15* F with 15 mph winds and 25 mph gusts (my house is on top of a hill so it's blowing hard). The original forecast was for 12+ inches of snow. We ended up getting a rain/snow mixture all day and then it turned into about 3"-4" of snow during the night.

This morning I wake up and decide that the steep hill part of the driveway needs shoveled. I get dawn my pants, snow pants, t-shirt, flannel shirt, jacket, coat, hat, gloves, wool socks, and boots. Then I proceed to head out into what I have now deemed, "The Canadian Invasion". I walk out of the garage and expect to be hit in the face by the cold, but it's not too bad. It's cold, but not like an OMG I feel like I'm going to die cold.

I walk about 350' to the hill and start to shovel. Immediately I feel the snot in my nose starting to freeze to the hairs. It's an interesting feeling as every time you move your nose you feel all the hairs. I take a couple shovels and below the approximately 12" of blown snow is about 3" of slush that is heavy. It's not frozen because the snow has insulated it. Once it's buried, it immediately freezes to the shovel and refuses to release. I keep working and about 1 hour into the ordeal, I cannot breath from my nose because the snot in my nose has frozen. I breath out my mouth. The condensation immediately freezes to my beard and eyelashes. After 1.5 hours, I finished and went to take a picture of myself but my phone said it was too cold and turned off.

It's obviously cold outside, but it really didn't feel that bad. If I would have thrown on a neck gator to cover my face, I could spend the whole day outside.

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
After 1.5 hours, I finished and went to take a picture of myself but my phone said it was too cold and turned off.
Haha, glad I kept my old shitty phone. It's made it through the weather like a trooper.

I was thrilled the truck started this morning, and I had a similar experience with facial hair freezing up. Not fun.

All this after a week of nearly 3ft worth of snow and subzero temperatures in WNY. I am getting sick of shoveling, that's for sure.

·
Needs moar meat
5,011 Posts
Took 2 hours for my dad and I to free up our driveway, even with the snow blower. Gonna have to get at it again later tonight/tomorrow morning since it's STILL coming down hard.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
its quit snowing here,now the cold has set in,this old house is starting to feel it to,,,time for some more coal

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
I don't know what the hell is going on here. We got a foot of snow and it was 10-20 below zero for a few days after. Now it is 40 and pouring rain only to be dropping below zero tonight. I'm pissed, it's washing away all my snow WTF.

You must be somewhere in that white region right? :shiftyeyes

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Haha, glad I kept my old shitty phone. It's made it through the weather like a trooper.

I was thrilled the truck started this morning, and I had a similar experience with facial hair freezing up. Not fun.

All this after a week of nearly 3ft worth of snow and subzero temperatures in WNY. I am getting sick of shoveling, that's for sure.
The good news is that it's supposed to be around 40 by Thursday and whatever didn't get shoveled will melt.

I only shovel the front part of my driveway because if I just run over it then it turns to ice and the wife's car cannot get up the hill (the Jeep has no issues).

41 - 50 of 50 Posts