Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did not really want to Hi Jack another thread or start a new one for this type of question, but I'm about to pull these 295's off and store for warm weather. I got them off a wrecked 2007 vette they have a little over 10K on them. Would smaller tires be better for snow and what brand!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
dude...its a mustang not a snowmobile...lol, but to answer your question yes, and they will be better hydorplane resistance as well

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Ohio and Indiana have about the same weather. I've been using these this year and they have worked great. The 245/45/17s are $107.

Continental ContiExtremeContact

P.S. You did get a lot more snow last weekend though.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Did not really want to Hi Jack another thread or start a new one for this type of question, but I'm about to pull these 295's off and store for warm weather. I got them off a wrecked 2007 vette they have a little over 10K on them. Would smaller tires be better for snow and what brand!
In my opinion, the narrower tire is far superior in the snow, and where I live we get alot more snow than most places. I have 2.5' of snow on the ground right now. Wider tires float, narrow tires dig through. Everybody here buys narrow tires for the winter. They must know something.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
295's are great for summer, but why do you wanna drive that nice green stang in the snow? I'd rather houff it, than take a chance.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its not so pretty n e more its under going surgery, due to an accident! I mostly drive my girl's malibu but sometimes I have no choice

1 - 16 of 16 Posts